The rain forecast for today doesn't look like it's gonna be too bad. A shower here and there maybe, like GNR but certainly nowhere near as bad as the Rolling Stones. Have fun lads  :abbath:

Are the ticket sales as bad as the rumours say they are?

I wasn't going to go because of the usual Slane shite and the price, but if there's going to be 20k odd less than capacity and there's people trying to get rid of tickets for next to nothing I'm thinking it might be worth heading out

https://touch.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Metallica+slane/

Heaps of tickets on adverts for 50 squids. 1 desperado selling 2 for €25!!!!

Surely it won't be crazy mobbed so? Fingers crossed anyway. I'm thinking cans in the car until near enough Ghost. Especially if the weather is dodgy.

Have a great day those of you who are going.

Just waiting on my bus to move now. Fucking massive crowd and despite forking out for golden circle tickets,  I've never felt so removed from a band at a gig. I'm sure it was grand but it basically left me never wanting to see them again.

Also have never encountered ignorance like the cunts in the golden circle. In over 20 years of gigs I found the attitudes of some amazingly poor. One bird in particular really deserved a punch in the nose.

I thought it was class even though the setlist wasn't the best (Frantic, Memory Remains and Whiskey :/).

I've never seen them before so it was nice to hear a few of the classics live.

Rob's 'Orion' tribute to Cliff was very cool too.

Ghost were amazing, I'd love to see them headline a gig here, in an indoor venue however.

Bokassa were pretty good, I'll check them out.

SLF are punk legends but that was a poor set imo.

And Fang Club just seem like another one of the many Nirvana knockoffs going around Dublin.

Absolute shite, last time i was there was 1992 and i swore id never go back.  That was the worst  concert ive ever been at.

I heard it was Stunning... I'll get my coat.

#99 June 09, 2019, 09:55:12 AM Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 10:10:51 AM by seanor
Quote from: Wiseblood on June 09, 2019, 12:32:23 AM

Also have never encountered ignorance like the cunts in the golden circle. In over 20 years of gigs I found the attitudes of some amazingly poor. One bird in particular really deserved a punch in the nose.

What was up with the cunts in the golden circle?

That setlist looked awful. Was there much response for The Hardwired stuff?

Quote from: Eoin McLove on June 09, 2019, 09:37:42 AM
I heard it was Stunning... I'll get my coat.

Supposedly they stabbed a go at The Wild Rover  :(

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on June 09, 2019, 10:57:58 AM
That setlist looked awful. Was there much response for The Hardwired stuff?
There was a bit of a lull when they played Now That We're Dead and Halo on Fire back to back. I think Spit Out the Bone went over quite well though.

Not the best setlist but I had an absolutely amazing time seeing them. Missed the Wild Rover thankfully, that sounded dreadful. But that 5 song run of One, Puppets, Bell Tolls, Creeping Death, and Seek & Destroy was so good

What was the attendance like.From the bits and pieces I've seen online.It looked pretty packed.Kinda sorry I didn't go now.Ive not seen em in year's.