Long time lurker on MI - never posted a thing!

Came over thanks to the heads up from James from the Distortion Project

Hoping for gig news (both here and the UK) and a heads up about all sorts of stuff

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 22, 2018, 03:46:19 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on November 22, 2018, 02:54:24 PM
Howdy folks. Tom here, formerly No Thrash! No Cash! back in my Mass Extinction days. Great to see a new home for Irish metal.

Currently writing instrumental music as 'Waves'.

Jaysus, had never made the connection before! Hope you're keeping well man.

Ah sure why would ye. Night and day projects. Is that Chris Era V?

Great that something has replaced MI. Fair play!

Long time metalireland follower, never posted much. Good to see another forum up and running.

Fair play for getting this up and running Hambeast...Will be a great source for gigs etc.

I'm sure like others here, I found the abrupt ending somewhat odd. Metalireland was a fantastic resource, and wish the mods here all the best with the new forum. I haven't the foggiest notion what kind of drain running a website is on one's time and finances, but I can't help thinking that if it had become too much an effort, that perhaps the baton could have been passed on to another, so to speak. Whatever about the forums, for the sheer amount of reviews, articles, retrospectives etc just to disappear into the ether, seems like a bit of a waste. Regardless, best of luck to CT with everything and a fond farewell to MI, end of an era.

Best of luck on the new venture. Another here over from MI and wishing this is a success.

Fair play getting this up and running. I was getting fierce DTs after the death of MI

Very happy to see a replacement for MI, the internet seemed a lonely place without it. Cheers to those who have set this forum up. Hopefully it continues to show/highlight and introduce new and old bands to everyone out there.

Quote from: Juggz on November 22, 2018, 09:44:31 PM
Fair play getting this up and running. I was getting fierce DTs after the death of MI

DTs? Sure poor oul Hambeast was getting the CT's...

Long time human. Recent reptile, and enjoying it

Quote from: Tomahawk

Ah sure why would ye. Night and day projects. Is that Chris Era V?

'Tis aye/I!

I too was a long time lurker over on MI. Nice to see a replacement forum up and running so soon