Good to see the MI community continuing, here's to more of this sort of thing!

METAL FUCKIN' IRELAND!

A resource for gigs (even just knowing who's on tour at a given time, for those of us who aren't in Ireland anymore) and new metal bands is simply invaluable, so fair play to the beast of ham.

The biggest thing "missing" now is the extensive archive of reviews, which is a real pity.

Just curious actually as I'm talking to Ham about this   - do people value reviews? I always got the feeling they were kind of ignored on MI as anything other than a place to make anonymous/bitchy comments

I know plently of lads who always read them and never comment, myself included.  Always enjoyed them.  I often feel they seemed more ignored because the forum held more discussion there anyway than the review sub threads.  Would be handy if each review linked to a thread here rather than it's own separate system and it might get a bit more discussion going honestly.

Here we are again :)

Nice one lad, fair play for putting your time and energy into this, hope it floats. I'm also one of those MI people.

Relieved to have an Irish metal forum back.
Recognize a few of the heads from MI already,so I kept my name too.

Formerly Pedro...great to see this up and running. I found MI invaluable for new recommendations, be it music, books, films, whatever.

Howdy folks. Tom here, formerly No Thrash! No Cash! back in my Mass Extinction days. Great to see a new home for Irish metal.

Currently writing instrumental music as 'Waves'. For anyone interested, here's some free music on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/waves-irl/sets/waves

MI migrant here as well, I just cannot use Facebook/Twitter for metal discussion or gig related stuff, it's soul destroying over there. Younger generations ain't signing up to facebook so look forward to it's demise!

MI had such a rich archive of gigs/reviews/interviews/forum discussion that the option of changing owner should have been put on the table but I can understand not wanting to.

Best of luck with the site.

Quote from: Tomahawk on November 22, 2018, 02:54:24 PM
Howdy folks. Tom here, formerly No Thrash! No Cash! back in my Mass Extinction days. Great to see a new home for Irish metal.

Currently writing instrumental music as 'Waves'.

Jaysus, had never made the connection before! Hope you're keeping well man.

Infrequent poster back on Metal Ireland and will likely be again on here. Looking forward to seeing how this site progresses. Always enjoyed the Off Topic threads so hoping for more of the same. Discovered some great non-metal in there over the years.

Be rude not to register after not posting in MI outside of the "off topic" forum for years. Somehow I managed 2700 odd posts between 2002ish-2010ish mind. Crazy I was 16-17 back when I first used MI, and now I'm sore for 3 or so days after any gig I go to.

Best of luck with the forum. I'm from the band Clunaculum.