I was mb502 on MI. I used it for recommendations mainly, didn't post much. Fair play for setting this up and the best of luck with it!

Hey. So Metal Warfare. Cool Name. Hopefully gonna pick up the good points were Metal Ireland left off.
Good to have somewhere to talk shite about metal now and again, check out new bands, tour dates, album reviews and if there's any decent local bands that's always good too.
Cant say i used Metal Ireland much in the latter years as it did seem to (in part) disappear up its own asshole a bit.
Anyhow - i was BAGGY on the previous forum. Im BAGGY on here too........
If you know me then you know the score - 100% metal, no gig too far away to get to if needs to be got to.
Iron Maiden is my fave band but i like all sorts from Doom to Grind and classic Rock and Metal.

Quote from: BAGGY on December 09, 2018, 10:42:12 PM
Hey. So Metal Warfare. Cool Name. Hopefully gonna pick up the good points were Metal Ireland left off.
Good to have somewhere to talk shite about metal now and again, check out new bands, tour dates, album reviews and if there's any decent local bands that's always good too.
Cant say i used Metal Ireland much in the latter years as it did seem to (in part) disappear up its own asshole a bit.
Anyhow - i was BAGGY on the previous forum. Im BAGGY on here too........
If you know me then you know the score - 100% metal, no gig too far away to get to if needs to be got to.
Iron Maiden is my fave band but i like all sorts from Doom to Grind and classic Rock and Metal.

(puts on fanboy hat)

War Iron and Fuckhammer!

Deadly bands.

What's the status of War Iron and Fuckhammer now? Feels like it's been a while since I've seen War Iron and even long for Fuckhammer

Been waiting for an MI replacement to spring up. Great news!

Quote from: Hambeast on December 10, 2018, 12:54:18 PM
What's the status of War Iron and Fuckhammer now? Feels like it's been a while since I've seen War Iron and even long for Fuckhammer

WAR IRON - Status: Defunct. Good while it lasted, Final shows were supporting Napalm Death.
Still some copies of the final release ' Black Bile...' on Bandcamp.   
https://wariron.bandcamp.com/album/black-bile-black-heart.

FUCKHAMMER - Status: Hiatus. Speculation of a new recording possibly even a live show or two in 2019 persist. Who knows if they will materialise.
if you dont know fuckhammer the tracks are on bandcamp - some cd slipcase of 'fucked'still left.
https://fuckhammer.bandcamp.com/track/jenkem

I'm sad to hear. War Iron was one of the first gigs I ever went to. I remember being blown away by how heavy it was, and not a guitar in sight! Might have to grab some of the stuff from bandcamp while it's still available.

I'll definitely be in attendance at the fuckhammer gigs if they materialize

#128 December 15, 2018, 01:45:28 AM Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 08:00:43 AM by DeadGoon
Was on MI since 2008 and it's always been the only real metal resource in the country, especially for gigs.

Good luck taking up the mantle. Going well so far!

I had been on MI for about 12 years so was pretty surprised when it closed up shop. I had stopped posting towards the end as it seemed most people did also, but  I still checked it daily. Delighted to have an alternative, fair play to Hambeast for setting this up. Hopefully this place stays a bit more active then MI was before the end.

Well done for setting this up mate, stumbled upon it through your post on Facebook.

Hello! Pedro of MI pointed this out to me.

Here two minutes and I have a bone to pick. My registration failed when I answered 'A human number' to What is the number of the beast?   :p

Nice website, kept my name from Metalireland.
"I pack a chainsaw, I'll skin your ass raw!"

I am a Croatian guy, living in Ireland since 2017. Have found MI online donkey years ago and was reading it regularly, but was never a member.

Great work Hambeast, I had a look round the site and you've done a good job getting a forum going again for Irish Metal and beyond.
All the best to it and long may it last. Cheers.
Deep Down Six Feet, Is Where I Like To Eat