The only way to cure that damage is with a lump hammer. Cunts, all of them.

Enoch is a prime example of someone who needs a good ride to clear his head...

If it didn't happen for him in the 'Joy I doubt he'll have much luck in the wild.

I'm deeply disappointed by finally seeing a full Jerry Sadowitz show.

I remember seeing one short clip years ago and thinking he was hilarious, but I couldn't find anything else. Then I heard that his stuff was "too controversial" for TV, youtube etc, and for years it was like he was memory holed. I thought, he must be totally fucking out there, given what is allowed. 

But I watched a full gig there, and it was pretty weak stuff overall to be honest. A couple of good gags. But not that funny. Or that controversial or extreme either. But more than that, I just don't find him particularly engaging. Just a shouty Scottish fella trying to be shocking.

Still, in the "controversial comedian" stakes he is still more likable and amusing than Jim Jeffries I guess. But then again, so is a boil on your taint.     

Quote from: The Wretch on August 23, 2024, 09:59:12 AMI'm deeply disappointed by finally seeing a full Jerry Sadowitz show.

I remember seeing one short clip years ago and thinking he was hilarious, but I couldn't find anything else. Then I heard that his stuff was "too controversial" for TV, youtube etc, and for years it was like he was memory holed. I thought, he must be totally fucking out there, given what is allowed. 

But I watched a full gig there, and it was pretty weak stuff overall to be honest. A couple of good gags. But not that funny. Or that controversial or extreme either. But more than that, I just don't find him particularly engaging. Just a shouty Scottish fella trying to be shocking.

Still, in the "controversial comedian" stakes he is still more likable and amusing than Jim Jeffries I guess. But then again, so is a boil on your taint.     

To me Jim Jefferies isn't as funny as what he thinks he is, always seems to be trying too hard, bit like Tommy Tiernan...

Quote from: The Heretic on August 23, 2024, 10:46:50 AMTo me Jim Jefferies isn't as funny as what he thinks he is, always seems to be trying too hard, bit like Tommy Tiernan...

Tommy is genuinely witty though, which makes his trying too hard all the more puzzling.

There is no underlying wit or point behind Jeffries act that I can see. He imagines he is terribly clever though.

Oasis reunion? Ticketmaster creaming themselves I'd say.

The Office UK is possibly the best comedy show (or show) ever, each time I re-watch it I discover something new that I missed before...

Quote from: Giggles on August 26, 2024, 11:02:46 AMOasis reunion? Ticketmaster creaming themselves I'd say.

Its a wet dream for them to be sure...

Liam more or less confirmed it on Twitter the other day so I assume they're announcing it ahead of schedule. Sae them in '96 so won't bother with it if they come here but I'm a fan and am hoping for some new music.

Quote from: The Heretic on August 26, 2024, 11:38:17 AMThe Office UK is possibly the best comedy show (or show) ever, each time I re-watch it I discover something new that I missed before...

A perfect tv show. Have you watched Detectorists? It took me two goes to get into it but it's one that stands up to multiple viewings.

Loved the first two albums and The Masterplan when I was a pup, and there's a few tracks on all of them that I still occasionally revisit (particularly from Definitely Maybe), but holy hell, talk about not being able to separate the art from fhe artist.

The Gallagher brothers are two of the most insufferable cunts to ever stand on a stage, and the double wisdom tooth extraction I'm getting done on Wednesday is more appealing than watching them live (particularly when you factor in the amount of banter-saurus/laddish types you'd have to contend with).

Extras is right up there with The UK Office. The show with Warrick life's too short I think it was called was also great.

I can't stand Oasis but is a reunion really that big of deal? Sure they played here as a band so many times and both come here on almost a yearly basis with the solo shite and play all the Oasis songs. Everyone I know who likes Oasis has already seen the full band live plenty of times.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 26, 2024, 12:11:40 PM
Quote from: The Heretic on August 26, 2024, 11:38:17 AMThe Office UK is possibly the best comedy show (or show) ever, each time I re-watch it I discover something new that I missed before...

A perfect tv show. Have you watched Detectorists? It took me two goes to get into it but it's one that stands up to multiple viewings.

I haven't watched it no but I'll take up your recommendation for sure..cheers!

Quote from: Ducky on August 26, 2024, 12:16:03 PMLoved the first two albums and The Masterplan when I was a pup, and there's a few tracks on all of them that I still occasionally revisit (particularly from Definitely Maybe), but holy hell, talk about not being able to separate the art from fhe artist.

The Gallagher brothers are two of the most insufferable cunts to ever stand on a stage, and the double wisdom tooth extraction I'm getting done on Wednesday is more appealing than watching them live (particularly when you factor in the amount of banter-saurus/laddish types you'd have to contend with).

Liam is pure out and out cunt who wishes he was half as talented a Noel. I've warmed to Noel over recent years though, he seems to have mellowed out and can be funny as fuck...