His (Noel's) arrogance has become endearing in a way, he knows how to write (lift) a song and isn't shy about it, whereas the other cabbage has nothing going on and doesn't have enough intelligence to realise it.

The Office is brilliant. Hated it at first, but was left alone for the weekend in the house I was sharing about 20 years ago and binged the boxset, loved it. After Life is another bingeworthy one if you enjoyed The Office. Very dark in places. I've never seen Extras, Derek or the Warwick Davies one, I must give them a look.

Detectorists was so good. Not going to go overboard and claim it was as good as The Office, but def check it out if that's your comedy bag. Extras was also excellent. Must check out After Life: have heard mixed reviews, but I'm sure it's at least worth a shot.

First 2 seasons of After Life are incredible. Felt the third wasn't needed. Extras is class and Life is Short was good. Never watched Derek. Looks cuntish.

Detectorists is great.

I watched the first episode of The Detectorists a while back, it didn't do much for me. As good as Toby Jones is in everything, I can't abide Mackenzie Crook.

Quote from: open face surgery on August 26, 2024, 01:11:32 PMFirst 2 seasons of After Life are incredible. Felt the third wasn't needed.

The third definitely lacked something alright (a couple of characters, for a start), but wrapped it up nicely IMO. The final episode has some nice catharsis to it.

Oasis have always been utterly mediocre cunts IMO.   

Noel can be funny at times to be fair. But Liam is one of the most insufferable wankers of all time. Aside from Robbie Williams, has there every been anyone whose smug self satisfaction is so out of whack with their actual talent? Gurning, posturing arsehole.

That whole, "letting your jacket fall past your shoulders" supposed hard man pose he used to do with journos always made me laugh. Leaving himself completely open for a full force punch in his monkey face. No wonder his teeth were knocked out by those eyeties years ago.   

Quote from: mickO))) on August 26, 2024, 12:19:18 PMI can't stand Oasis but is a reunion really that big of deal? Sure they played here as a band so many times and both come here on almost a yearly basis with the solo shite and play all the Oasis songs. Everyone I know who likes Oasis has already seen the full band live plenty of times.

I'm only familiar with a few songs myself, but yeah I reckon it's a huge deal. We're in the era of big reunions and I think there's still a post-pandemic gig buzz going on.
Oasis split 15 years ago, so that's an entire generation that haven't gotten to see them. Whether or not Oasis is relevant with the youngsters today, I don't know, but I reckon there will be a lot of older heads going to this who probably spent the last 10 years raising kids and don't go out much anymore.

I love a bit of Liam drama. The more he acts like a cunt, the better  :laugh:

This relatively early gig of theirs is savage!!

I used to work with a massive Oasis fan... I actually think he was a bigger prick than the cunts in the band. 

I think I might have liked Oasis had Liam not been a member. A band member I mean  :) Never could hack the sound of his voice and remember first hearing a track Noel did lead vocals on and wondering why on earth they ever let Liam at the mic in the first place: they could've just thrown him a pair of maracas and had him impersonate a mix of Bez and Ian Brown instead of just the latter!  :P

I'd rather see Mary Harney and the Progressive Democrats make a return.

Noel's definitely the better singer, their Unplugged session is all the better for his not being there. The first High Flying Birds album is as good as most of the Oasis stuff, with the added bonus of no Liam. The live stuff I have with Noel on vocals is also much better.

They only really have one good album but it was a genuinely good album

Already it starts..people moaning about the price of Oasis tickets, vote with feet people otherwise get the lube out...

#1753 August 29, 2024, 08:00:24 PM Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 08:07:37 PM by Anvil

Has everyone started talking like this again?