Let's get the big issues out of the way first: There's no LOL.
:) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

Switched them. Is it missing the one you need?

I wouldn't say I "need" it, but it was hands down the most used emoticon on MI. Don't remember it?

Is there any way to put the different forums in tabs at the top of each page instead of having to go back to the main index each time?

Is there a way to go to the newest post in a thread when you click on it rather than just going to the last page?

Quote from: Emphyrio on November 30, 2018, 09:38:23 PM
Is there any way to put the different forums in tabs at the top of each page instead of having to go back to the main index each time?

Done! Added a "Board list" button to the top menu.

Quote from: Born of Fire on December 01, 2018, 06:53:21 PM
Is there a way to go to the newest post in a thread when you click on it rather than just going to the last page?

When there's new posts in a thread you should see a red "New" box beside the title. When you click it, you'll jump to the oldest unread post

Absolutely love this site already, Cheers for putting it together.

MW is a grand aul name for this site, But would you consider getting a domain that would associate it a bit more with local scene/this country?

I know metalireland is copyright, as well as irishmetal.com. But who knows, maybe metaleire.ie or metaleire.net?
I  wouldn't mind chipping in for a domain name and get a good logo going.

Basically just get a bit of branding going and promotion of the site at some stage. I know its a non-profit metal discussion site, but would be cool to hand out flyers/stickers at gigs to promote the site a bit when there is an established brand/name going with a decent logo.

Again, no big deal. I'm chuffed to bits with how things are at the minute.

I agree with you completely.

I was originally planning to go for a more "Irish" name but couldn't think of anything. Eventually settled on MW since I wanted to get something set up ASAP, but I'm aware it sounds a lot more general rather than specific to Ireland. Didn't want to go for something too bland like "irishmetalforum.com" either. One name I had considered was "MetalInTheEire.com" but I though that might be a bit cheesy. It's definitely something I'll consider if there's much support behind it.

Logo/branding definitely needs sorted soon. I'm getting fed up looking at the plain text "Metal Warfare" at the top of the forum, and the mountain/moon in the header which came default with the forum theme and has absolutely no relevance to the site, and makes it look a bit amateur if anything. I had asked about getting a logo made but I'm not sure if any progress has been made. Might even be with getting a quick one done on Fiverr in the meantime. The site would benefit from having a bit more identidy.

Flyers etc is something I had considered but I don't know how it works. Can I just walk around at a gig and hand them out or do I need permission from the venue? Do I need to pay? Do people even pay attention to flyers? If it seemed worthwhile then I'd happily get some printed and send some out to anybody who wants to help.

Cheers for the input!

How do you feel about irishmetal.net? I see it's available to buy on several different domain name sites for fairly cheap.

Yeah a good logo would be decent man. Even something off a logo creator site would do the job for now as a placeholder.

I knocked up a few examples on flamingtext.com haha.

As for the flyers, thats a good question. Could very well be down to each venue, It is advertising at the end of the day. Could do it certainly outside venues.

A new domain could happen, but I'm unsure about irishmetal.net for a few reasons

1. I know this site is riding on the coat tails of MI, but Id like MW to be it's own thing. Irishmetal is really just metalireland flipped
2. It's also very similar to irishmetarchives and I don't want to be encroaching on their territory

Irishmetalwarfare.com?

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. Either way, it's probably best to see what others think before throwing money into another domain.

I didn't know flaming text still existed! Could work as a temporary fix. There's also the old placeholder I had up originally

Yeah fair enough man! Irish metal warfare is decent too!

Forgot about irishmetalarchives, thats fair enough.

Nice wee placeholder alright. Whatever you think yourself buddy, I just love coming to the site  :)

#12 December 04, 2018, 03:27:03 PM Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 03:31:59 PM by ochoill
I'd nearly leave it as Metal Warfare now that it's going, could always just have a tagline on the main forum like on your image (irish metal forums) just so lads know when they arrive on.

Anyway I just came to post this and see if it works: