Theres still a savage appetite for live events across the board!.Even the league of Ireland have seen a huge jump in crowds.The Irish football team the worst side in living memory and they are still getting 40k at matches.Covid is well over,there seems to be plenty of money about for people to splash on live stuff.

#256 July 04, 2024, 02:26:17 PM Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 02:36:56 PM by Pain Medicine
Quote from: Pagan Saviour on July 04, 2024, 10:37:51 AMI do think the post-covid mania is over though. We're flooded with gigs which is great but depending what's on attendance can be poor. You seen Green Day, Pearl Jam and a few others drop their prices in an attempt to fill venues there recently.

Neither Pearl Jam or Green Day repriced in Dublin. Pearl Jam did in the UK only and also started giving away tickets to people working in the NHS. Was insane though, tickets that were £160 in Manchester were repriced to £45. Don't know about Pearl Jam but Green Day seemed to do fairly well in Dublin.

Anyway I suppose we could see this kinda thing going forward. They've ramped up Pantera standing tickets for €250 maybe in future we'll see them drop the worst corner seats in the 3arena to €50 the week of the gig that kind of thing with this new dynamic pricing overlord.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on July 04, 2024, 10:37:51 AMI do think the post-covid mania is over though. We're flooded with gigs which is great but depending what's on attendance can be poor. You seen Green Day, Pearl Jam and a few others drop their prices in an attempt to fill venues there recently.

I can never understand that mentality really though like couldn't they just have been fair with the pricing to begin with and filled the places no bother anyway. They all want to be the Rolling Stones now charging what they like and getting away with it. Then if the attendance is crap they might think there's no point coming here again or even worse give others the idea that there's no point. I still reckon I'll get the Half Of Pantera tickets no bother by waiting but I'd obviously have preferred to have them in hand now for the normal price. It's annoying.

Quote from: astfgyl on July 04, 2024, 03:37:13 PM

I can never understand that mentality really though like couldn't they just have been fair with the pricing to begin with and filled the places no bother anyway.

I guess they have been doing this pricing structure for years in the US now and they're bringing it here because it works.

They're happy to take the risk and be left with with 2000 standing tickets for Pantera the week of the gig that they have to flog for face value or less if they manage to sucker 1000 people into paying the €230 they're asking between now and February.

Same thing will happen with AC/DC next month, I'm sure gold circle tickets will appear on ticketmaster the week of the gig for their face value price and it will be worth the risk of not selling them so long as some people panicked and paid the €440 'dynamic price' they were asking after they went on general sale.

I had heard of shit like that happening with Tool gigs in the US and thinking no way would I do it but that logic as you describe it is obviously working or they'd stop. I don't see the day coming where everyone says no but that's the only thing would do it. Look it won't really bother me much anyway because it's only a very rare thing like this that would get me out of the woodwork anyway and I'm happy enough to do the small to medium gigs when they come up.

Like I got to see Swans last year for about 30 quid or something and the academy was packed and it was one of the best things I've seen so it's not as if I'll have to really give up gigs or anything.

I've less and less interest in seeing these "legacy" acts - The Pantera one is an exception as I never got to see them. Got the Ticket for 90 or whatever it was in the presale so don't mind that.

200 though to see Pearl Jam, with Eddie in bits vocally, more dates cancelled there. No thanks, have my memory of seeing them for 20 pounds at the peak of their powers in the 90's.

QuoteLike I got to see Swans last year for about 30 quid or something and the academy was packed and it was one of the best things I've seen so it's not as if I'll have to really give up gigs or anything.

Absolutely - the best gigs I go to these days tend to cost 30 or less.

Yep had Godflesh in limerick for about the same. The sheer cost of big gigs including the day out is generally out of my range before the dynamic pricing anyway and I'm a bit old to enjoy the hassle of it

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on July 05, 2024, 08:25:20 AMI've less and less interest in seeing these "legacy" acts - The Pantera one is an exception as I never got to see them. Got the Ticket for 90 or whatever it was in the presale so don't mind that.

200 though to see Pearl Jam, with Eddie in bits vocally, more dates cancelled there. No thanks, have my memory of seeing them for 20 pounds at the peak of their powers in the 90's.

QuoteLike I got to see Swans last year for about 30 quid or something and the academy was packed and it was one of the best things I've seen so it's not as if I'll have to really give up gigs or anything.

Had been hovering around a gold circle ticket but didn't bother. Looking at the setlist and the performance on youtube i am glad I didn't

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on July 05, 2024, 08:25:20 AMI've less and less interest in seeing these "legacy" acts - The Pantera one is an exception as I never got to see them. Got the Ticket for 90 or whatever it was in the presale so don't mind that.

Same, I'll do one pricey one every few years or so and that's only down to my mate having a spare room in the big schmoke otherwise it's the occasional Dolans/DME show or local gigs in town.

I just wanna say I cannot fuckin wait for this. Sure the bros are dead & gone but Zakk & Benante are doin it justice. Never seen them live before so I'm fairly lookin forward to it! I'm gonna try hang round & stalk Philip until he talks to me for a minute or 2 & I get a signature on my vinyl copy of Vulgar Display. If Hetfield will do it humbly-so should he.  >:(

Why did you get Hetfield to sign your Pantera album?  ;)  :laugh:

...new album coming soon.

Could be a live one.....

then..... there will be the 'old demo tape one rolled out....'

Having a ribbing here! no offence meant!

R

Seen them way back when they supported megadeth in the Ulster hall,got to meet them afterwards signed my vulgar display of power cassette inlay and dimebag known back then as diamond Darrel gave me his guitar pick so did rex,I still have them believe it or not

I saw them twice, supporting Megadeth in the Point and then when they played their own gig in the SFX with Gruntruck. I have a couple of Diamond Darrell plecs too, from the SFX gig.

Just looking at that setlists site to see when that gig was and it has them listed as playing the Judas Priest SFX gig in 91, too. I was at that, the day before Megadeth played the Point with AIC and the Almighty, and I don't recall Pantera playing it. I remember Annihilator alright. Pantera were on that tour but, as I recall, didn't come to Ireland as part of it. Anyone else remember that?