dynamic pricing is such horseshit, no matter what the area: found it disgusting in the hotel business when I was working in it, annoys the shit out of me for trains and airlines. clearly only one solution here: nationalize ticketmaster!

Quote from: Necro Red on June 28, 2024, 11:18:09 AMHave ye seen that Ticketmaster reduced the price of tickets for Green Day as it wasn't selling as expected due to prices?

Came in to the thread to point out the same thing. I'm willing to sit on my hands for Pantera more than ever now. The price hikes are just stupid

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 28, 2024, 11:24:39 AMdynamic pricing is such horseshit, no matter what the area: found it disgusting in the hotel business when I was working in it, annoys the shit out of me for trains and airlines. clearly only one solution here: nationalize ticketmaster!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :abbath:

Funny how that idea is enticing to me in light of the bollix with pricing. I'm hoping people will actually vote with their feet this time and put manners on the fuckers responsible for this shit

Quote from: astfgyl on June 28, 2024, 11:50:14 AM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 28, 2024, 11:24:39 AMdynamic pricing is such horseshit, no matter what the area: found it disgusting in the hotel business when I was working in it, annoys the shit out of me for trains and airlines. clearly only one solution here: nationalize ticketmaster!

Funny how that idea is enticing to me in light of the bollix with pricing. I'm hoping people will actually vote with their feet this time and put manners on the fuckers responsible for this shit

Nah, all the Metal Bros™ will lap this shit up if they can afford it, pour one out for Fallen Metal Brothers™ Dime and Vinnie, etc.

It's a circus at this stage.

Quote from: Necro Red on June 28, 2024, 11:18:09 AMHave ye seen that Ticketmaster reduced the price of tickets for Green Day as it wasn't selling as expected due to prices?

I saw the clickbait headline but they didn't actually reduce prices, it was just a few resale tickets. Pearl Jam tickets in the UK were genuinely repriced though and the London gig was scrapped altogether due to 'illness'.

I see there's a standing ticket already up for resale 195 euro  :laugh: I mean fair play to ticketmaster/Live Nation/MCD their ability to weaponise FOMO is impressive. Guess it explains why H doesn't post here anymore  :laugh:

When did that happen? And how much in the end?

I was keeping an eye on it as my daughter and her friend wanted to go but there was no way I was paying €200 for 2 tickets, taking a day off work, waiting around for that and driving for 6 hours, biut it was tempting if they came down like the Pearl Jam tickets.  :laugh:  Saved me the trouble anyway not seeing the late discount!

Quote from: Snare on June 28, 2024, 08:18:13 PM

I was keeping an eye on it as my daughter and her friend wanted to go but there was no way I was paying €200 for 2 tickets, taking a day off work, waiting around for that and driving for 6 hours, biut it was tempting if they came down like the Pearl Jam tickets.  :laugh:  Saved me the trouble anyway not seeing the late discount!

I saw Green Day in 2010. I was massively into Dookie when it came out but never bothered with anything else. They put on a brilliant show! It was very family friendly, too, with them bringing a young kid onstage to play guitar or song with them- the details are getting hazy at this stage, but I remember thinking it was really cool of them to do.

Quote from: Snare on June 28, 2024, 08:18:13 PM

not entirely sure, you'd have to look it up now.

Quote from: Snare on June 28, 2024, 08:18:13 PMWhen did that happen? And how much in the end?

I looked up tickets that afternoon when I heard they were playing Dookie in full, they were still the usual price but had resale ones for the golden circle for €55

Ah sound folks. Will probably have to make the effort next time anyway...

Quote from: astfgyl on June 28, 2024, 11:50:14 AM

if people had a shred of dignity they wouldn't be paying extortionate prices. I loved Pantera as a young lad and I refuse to pay over the top just to see two original members. More like Partera ha ha

As someone who never got to see them in their prime, 2 out of 4 will be grand.