Quote from: Iliketortles on July 02, 2024, 11:34:24 AMAs someone who never got to see them in their prime, 2 out of 4 will be grand.

Same. Thank feck for the presale!

I'm still sore over 2001 but I'm still not paying that no matter what and I'm proper strung out for even 2 out of 4.

I got a ticket at a regular price,I wouldn't pay big money to see them.Theres very few bands Id pay big money to see now tbh.Ordinary Joe's seem to be willing to pay obscene amounts for big concerts now.Id go to anything,like Bruce Springsteen in Cork a few weeks back.Im not a fanatic or anything,but no fucking way would I €170!.But thousands seem to be willing to pay these mental prices.

Is it FOMO or what? Maybe the covid phase has us all gasping for live music. I certainly have never gone to as many concerts as in the past 2 years. Have a few more this year to come too.

Quote from: Don Gately on July 03, 2024, 09:02:03 AMIs it FOMO or what? Maybe the covid phase has us all gasping for live music. I certainly have never gone to as many concerts as in the past 2 years. Have a few more this year to come too.
I think it is both this and the fact that every band is mad to tour after covid meaning a big number of bands on the road. DME getting bought by MCD also is contributing to the number of shows here too. I'm not complaining, well, bar the over the top prices on the bigger shows. Give me a moderately priced dirty death metal show any day

DME were bought by MCD? I missed that.

Wasn't aware of that either, heard H was working with MCD but just figured it was separate from DME

QuoteDME were bought by MCD? I missed that.

Yeah could be over a year ago now maybe slightly less.

Don't think this gig is MCD/DME though, just MCD.

Quote from: open face surgery on July 03, 2024, 04:54:28 PMDon't think this gig is MCD/DME though, just MCD.

Yeah, I think Priest did have the dme banner on some of the posts, but MCD are all over this one.

Still good to see (in a way), that someone from the scene handles all the heavier side of their shows.

Pretty sure Priest was a different rep as well.

There was discussion about it here a while ago when people were asking why you can't buy tickets for DME gigs through tickets.ie anymore.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on July 03, 2024, 10:34:18 AMDME were bought by MCD? I missed that.
a while back, yea. H is still running things for the most part I believe. Way more gigs on then there used to be. We are spoiled rotten ha ha

I do think the post-covid mania is over though. We're flooded with gigs which is great but depending what's on attendance can be poor. You seen Green Day, Pearl Jam and a few others drop their prices in an attempt to fill venues there recently.