Quote from: Giggles on March 05, 2024, 12:15:21 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 04, 2024, 10:32:14 PMDunno why the video won't embed

That Youtube embed button has been chopping off the first parts of links for me so I've had to embed them manually.

Yours looks like this
[youtube]SZkUX0Fqpm4[/youtube]
It should look like this
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZkUX0Fqpm4[/youtube]

Hope that helps!

Ah cool man nice one  8)

So having given the last few days running through some Limp Bizkit albums, it turns out the only two I don't like are 3 dollar bill y'all and chocolate starfish..

I think the rest of it is pretty decent and on the whole they're a bit underrated. They're decent players with a real knack for a catchy pop tune and there's far more depth to their discography than Korn or indeed any of the rest of the nu crowd other than Deftones.

I would go..

Deftones
Limp Bizkit
Korn

Although the first Korn album in itself is something special, on the whole they are a lot weaker than other two mentioned.

Lad, I'm on board with the whole guilty pleasure thing as much as the next man, but if you are honestly trying to put fuckin' Limp Bizkit and  depth in the same sentence, then please tell us what shit you're smoking at the moment

Quote from: John Kimble on March 05, 2024, 06:50:11 PMLad, I'm on board with the whole guilty pleasure thing as much as the next man, but if you are honestly trying to put fuckin' Limp Bizkit and  depth in the same sentence, then please tell us what shit you're smoking at the moment

Yes, John Player Blue from Gibraltar.

Yeah, Korn just made the one song mostly but Limp Bizkit have lots of different things they can do and a range of subject matter ranging from "keep rolling etc" to priests fucking young boys or blokes stalking women. There's a lot in there and I doubt you've heard half the stuff to assert that there's no depth to any of it. Yeah the fun skits are not fun but they are a lot better than that once one digs in.

Judging them by the singles is like judging The Cure by Love Cats or Friday... and while The Cure have lots of silly tunes like those it's not really what they're all about. Saying that I really like the silly side of a band like The Cure but it's just a rough comparison and the balance is indeed far more skewed towards the silly stuff when it comes to Limp Bizkit so yeah some apples and orange but I stand by saying that the Bizkit have far more to em than people realise.

Now I think I'll have a joint and listen to Still Sucks again because it's great fun

It's not even a guilty pleasure for me any more than Deftones are, I just like it and think it's good music that is unfairly maligned a lot of the time.

Yeah, Limp Bizkit just made the one song mostly but Korn have lots of different things they can do and a range of subject matter ranging from "You not rrrh rot dot n dot n dot per rot dot n not n dot per n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah dot dot ki o ma gri a dot dot ers a pa ta ko some play to we" to parents fucking young boys or blokes calling other blokes faggots. There's a lot in there and I doubt you've heard half the stuff to assert that there's no depth to any of it. Yeah the fun skits are not fun but they are a lot better than that once one digs in.

Hey look, I'm being flippant of course but you're entering silly territory here if you're even half suggesting a parallel between Limp Bizkit and the Cure.

#158 March 05, 2024, 08:50:49 PM Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 08:53:01 PM by Giggles
Quote from: astfgyl on March 05, 2024, 06:41:23 PMSo having given the last few days running through some Limp Bizkit albums, it turns out the only two I don't like are 3 dollar bill y'all and chocolate starfish..

Ah c'mon, what about Take a Look Around!

I tried linking it there but the embed isn't working for me either. Maybe just ignore that advice I gave you earlier  :laugh:

Quote from: John Kimble on March 05, 2024, 08:19:36 PMKorn have lots of different things they can do and a range of subject matter ranging from "You not rrrh rot dot n dot n dot per rot dot n not n dot per n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah dot dot ki o ma gri a dot dot ers a pa ta ko some play to we"

It's a joy to see Korn still screaming gibberish after all these years  :abbath:

Quote from: John Kimble on March 05, 2024, 08:25:07 PMHey look, I'm being flippant of course but you're entering silly territory here if you're even half suggesting a parallel between Limp Bizkit and the Cure.

No, I thought I explained that in the last post. The only comparison is that if you only heard Love Cats you wouldn't know about anything about Disintegration and if you only heard Rollin then you wouldn't know about The Priest. That's as far as that goes because LB are one of the few nu lads that don't seem to have a lot of the 80s pop about them other than the George Michael cover they did on the first album. They have nothing at all in common those two bands other than that I really like both of em

Quote from: The Butcher on March 05, 2024, 09:30:10 PM
Quote from: John Kimble on March 05, 2024, 08:19:36 PMKorn have lots of different things they can do and a range of subject matter ranging from "You not rrrh rot dot n dot n dot per rot dot n not n dot per n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah dot dot ki o ma gri a dot dot ers a pa ta ko some play to we"

It's a joy to see Korn still screaming gibberish after all these years  :abbath:

Fair enough  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Could never take to Deftones myself, annoying whiney shite to my ears, that being said I like Coal Chamber, who seem to be much maligned by all and sundry.
Limp Bizkit are good auld craic at a party or the like but I've never really listened to them properly, going by what the bauld Astfgyl said above I must give them a bit of attention.
Korn are good enough in small doses. Life Is Peachy is enjoyable about once every 3 years.
Top three for me would be Slipknot
                          Mudvayne
                          Static X

The award for worst nu metal band goes to Mushroomhead. Shocking shite alltogether.

Quote from: John Kimble on March 05, 2024, 08:19:36 PMYeah, Limp Bizkit just made the one song mostly but Korn have lots of different things they can do and a range of subject matter ranging from "You not rrrh rot dot n dot n dot per rot dot n not n dot per n dot chi cot n dot rrr ah dot dot ki o ma gri a dot dot ers a pa ta ko some play to we" to parents fucking young boys or blokes calling other blokes faggots. There's a lot in there and I doubt you've heard half the stuff to assert that there's no depth to any of it. Yeah the fun skits are not fun but they are a lot better than that once one digs in.

Had to read that twice but yeah I'll allow it  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 05, 2024, 10:08:23 PMCould never take to Deftones myself, annoying whiney shite to my ears, that being said I like Coal Chamber, who seem to be much maligned by all and sundry.
Limp Bizkit are good auld craic at a party or the like but I've never really listened to them properly, going by what the bauld Astfgyl said above I must give them a bit of attention.
Korn are good enough in small doses. Life Is Peachy is enjoyable about once every 3 years.
Top three for me would be Slipknot
                          Mudvayne
                          Static X

The award for worst nu metal band goes to Mushroomhead. Shocking shite alltogether.

I was hoping this thread wouldn't get into it but it's the English stuff or maybe even any of the non USA ones that are the worst. Worse than anything even mushroomhead could inflict.

Then again I love 2 of the One Minute Silence albums

Edit: Coal Chamber always felt the cheapest to me. Well until Devildriver got going..