That's right, I remember the Entombed show because Medulla Nocte went on before them and were utterly ferocious, I thought even at the  time that Skinlab were a joke.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on March 04, 2024, 07:54:08 AMThat's right, I remember the Entombed show because Medulla Nocte went on before them and were utterly ferocious, I thought even at the  time that Skinlab were a joke.
Yeah they werent my cup of tea,Loved Medulla Nocte back then i must say,saw them a few times aswell!.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 01, 2024, 10:35:25 AMClawfinger pre-date the movement being more of a poor man's Rage Against the Machine. First wave nu metal?  :laugh:

You're the real nagger!

:)  :) 100% Love it

Was never into 'Nu Metal' about as close as I got would be Sepultura's 'Roots' and 3 songs off Korn's first album. Then back to Nevermore, Paradise Lost, Pantera etc

I do recall the 1st Korn album coming out, 'Blind and 'Shoots and Ladders' being played and my kitchen being smashed to bits in a mosh pit. The floor looked like the floor from the SFX after a rucas.

But yeah, never got it and I know its a load of loosely associated bands lumped together by music industry insiders and the weird Metal Hammer UK writers.

Just did a bit of googling ref Medulla nocte,any of you remember this banger of a gig in Dorans?.What a mix of styles in that line up!

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on March 04, 2024, 12:49:02 AMIn keeping with Astfgyls request, Skinlab. Revolting room is a great nu metal album.
Re. 1998 - the first Soulfly album, the rest of them are fair mucky but their first is a vicious little fucker.

Used to have a Skinlab album that I listened the shit out of back in the day. I'll have to look up the name but iirc it had one of those Dave McKean covers on it. Must dig it up on youtube and see if I still like it. Sound

Quote from: Paul keohane on March 04, 2024, 08:22:52 AMJust did a bit of googling ref Medulla nocte,any of you remember this banger of a gig in Dorans?.What a mix of styles in that line up!

I saw Medulla Nocte twice. On The Haunted tour in Doran's and a gig in Slattery's. Possibly supporting Ensign...

They weren't nu metal though, more dark metallic hardcore.

Quotegig in Slattery's

Gig in Slattery's was a headline show with 2000 Strong, Cotnrol and a dreadful Irish Nu-Metal band called Ruffhouse supporting.

QuoteThey weren't nu metal though, more dark metallic hardcore.

Only brought them into the mix to say how shit Skinlab were in comparison at that Entombed gig  :)

And yeah, that Haunted afternoon gig was the business. Can't believe The Crown were on that bill too, what a treat!

#128 March 04, 2024, 09:45:52 AM Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 09:49:13 AM by Eoin McLove
Ruffhouse dudes used to be Skinfather, who supported FF, and before that were a death metal band called Synapse. They were shite, but I thought they were cool as a teenager, probably because of their elder status as much as anything else.

I never liked The Crown,  but Crown of Thorns (as they were called before or was that another band?) had a cool song and vid on HBB back in the day.

Never liked The Haunted either but went along because a couple of mates did.

MN were grand. Good live but not interesting enough for me to make a purchase.

Ah MN are essential - I play the two albums fairly frequently. The first suffers from poor production values but Dying From The Inside is worth further evaluation.

#130 March 04, 2024, 09:56:46 AM Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 09:58:25 AM by stearl
Quote from: Paul keohane on March 04, 2024, 08:22:52 AMJust did a bit of googling ref Medulla nocte,any of you remember this banger of a gig in Dorans?.What a mix of styles in that line up!

Apologies for the thread hijack but came across these over the weekend - from the gig above :abbath:

Just to add - my first 'big' gig was Korn in the SFX. Was mad into them on the first album.

Great day. Haunted did an in-store signing (Remember those?) in Tower after too.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 04, 2024, 09:45:52 AMRuffhouse dudes used to be Skinfather, who supported FF, and before that were a death metal band called Synapse. They were shite, but I thought they were cool as a teenager, probably because of their elder status as much as anything else.
I had two synapse demos back in the day,cant remember them being that bad?