#45 December 05, 2023, 06:33:23 PM Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 06:37:03 PM by Carnage
https://youtu.be/3WRUZzMMMbo?si=CywNedjiowvxD1gI

Jesus christ. That's so bad it gave AIDS to my cancer.

I was thinking what's wrong with ye, that's not so bad....then he started 'singing'.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Even as a young lad who listened to my fair share of dubious bands (and not good dubious ;) ) I thought Stuck Mojo were jokers. I must give that cover a listen out of morbid curiosity.

Don't say I didn't warn ye lads.

And I'm the sort of cunt that listens to Snapping Necks about once a year if the sun is shining.

Surely the worst cover possible

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 05, 2023, 08:32:52 PMEven as a young lad who listened to my fair share of dubious bands (and not good dubious ;) ) I thought Stuck Mojo were jokers. I must give that cover a listen out of morbid curiosity.

They're a terrible band really I don't dispute that at all

I like it  :laugh:

Never heard of Stuck Mojo before so wasn't expecting rapping, but I got a RATM buzz off of that so I did. That guitar solo is a bit shit though.

Couldn't really understand the lyrics through the laptop speaker, did a search but couldn't find them online.

I did however, find some statement which reckons that the lads named the song "Sweet Leaf" from a label on a pack of Irish fags which read "it's the sweet leaf". Cool if true.

And it also seems that the bauld Iommi lifted the riff from the first track of Frank Zappa & the Mother's of Invention's debut album:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0JTNVkhyS8

Cheeky!

It's not really a 'cover' though, is it? They took the guitar parts and put their own lyrics on it.

Did they actually? I thought he was just taking the same ones and doing them that badly tbh

I literally cannot make out a word he's saying.     :-[

I remember hearing a rock/rasta/reggae version of The Wizard that came on during a movies end credits before.
Was a fair bit cringe, but also oddly catchy.
No idea who did it, though.

Cool topic! This is easy for me...If I HAVE to choose 2 Paranoid and Master of Reality easily. but honestly I think the first 6 are the archetypes of (what came to be known as) heavy metal. and despite being a big Ozzy dude I actually love all the eras of Sabbath. I cmon the fuck how can you argue DIO wasnt incredible man. and the Born Again album with Gillan is fun as fuck if your locked on a good buzz! and even the Tony Martin albums are class. I mean its fucking Tony Iommi man he is a fucking god.

I have to say too 13 is a fucking solid record. I'm really glad they did it. I just wish they hadn't fucked Bill Ward over and not included him at least on the record ffs. I actually kind of like Sharon Osbourne for some reason, I even watch a bit of the Osbournes podcast, but she really is a Cunt the way Bill Ward is photoshopped out of classic Sabbath photos STILL on their website man. If she has any part in that, which I think she does, I honestly think its shameful.

"Vol.4" twice in a row.

The Today is the Day cover of "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" is great, if you want the antithesis of the Stuck Mojo fiasco

Master of Reality for the heaviness and Vol 4 for the sheer quality of the songs.

Cannot stand Ozzys voice so for me Dehumanizer and The Eternal Idol