Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 17, 2024, 03:59:22 PM"Fuck the begrudgers"

As bad as being labelled a "Hater" for not liking something or having an alternative opinion.

Pretty sure it was the "Anybody who pays for this needs sectioned" or "All the fools sailed away? don't think so" comments that he was referring to.

Quote from: Circlepit on February 17, 2024, 04:00:29 PMI'd be be more interested in how Brian Johnson who is will be a couple of months off 77 will fare at the last night of their tour.

Have a look at the footage from that Powertrip festival last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXHDhi8HuEU

Seems happy enough to wiggle about, but them vocals are not great. Not that he was ever a great "singer", but he's definitely lacking vocal power, as you'd expect for somebody his age. Pwr Up? More like power down  :-X

#91 February 17, 2024, 07:11:38 PM Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 07:15:44 PM by Bürggermeister
Jesus this is woeful

Edit - Had linked to Thunderstruck but it doesn't seem to jump to the time link. Yer man has the song list in the description, click Thunderstuck and weep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXHDhi8HuEU&t=1015s

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 17, 2024, 07:11:38 PMJesus this is woeful

Edit - Had linked to Thunderstruck but it doesn't seem to jump to the time link. Yer man has the song list in the description, click Thunderstuck and weep

Wow! that is quite surprising!

Quote from: Giggles on February 17, 2024, 01:19:07 PM
Quote from: Don Gately on February 17, 2024, 11:46:57 AMWell I bought 3 tickets and I will be at Emperor, Priest, Primordial, pixies, Xentrix, Wolves in the throne room, Godflesh, Smashing Pumpkins. Sepultura. Fuck the begrudgers.

Good for you man I hope you enjoy them.

But €166 for a ticket is fucking disgusting, no two ways about it.

This. No begrudge, prices are stupid nowadays. Glad I got to see concerts when they were affordable (all genres, 90s/2000s).

Ticket prices aside, Brian's voice is fucked, and the rhythm section are all new, none if it makes any sense...

There's a 68 year old man wearing a schoolboy outfit in public. Ticket price or no, fuck off.

#96 February 18, 2024, 10:47:55 AM Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 11:19:50 AM by KingHostile
I am still watching this Power Trip thing..... some balls charging those prices for tickets!!!!

WTF.... I knew 'River Plate' was produced as all such things are...... Live and Dangerous!

I keep stopping this going 'Williams' knew the craic!

TShirt €47.50....along with a €440 ticket ..... for this!

mid 90's Slayer ticket was 12.60 for SFX.... ACDC 60 in the point
Early 2000's I seem to recall ACDC being one of the first bands here to break 100
Later when tickets for Metallica were 68 or there abouts..... ACDC was 120 or 140
I have never gone to see them because of this.

Jagger is 80..... look at the difference! can you compare them?

A band who has sold in excess of 200 million albums can definitely have an influence on ticket prices. For example, The Cure took on Ticketmaster in America last year and openly questioned why fees more than doubled ticket prices and there wasn't a pensioner/guitarist dressed as a school boy in sight:

Ticketmaster will refund some of its fees to fans buying tickets for the Cure's US tour, after front man Robert Smith took them to task over their "unduly high" fees that were, in some cases, adding up to more than the price of a ticket.

On Thursday, Smith told fans that he was "as sickened as you all are" and he would contact Ticketmaster after many took to social media to complain about the ticket sales behemoth's additional fees.

"I have been asking how they are justified," Smith wrote to fans in a trademark caps lock tweet. "If I get anything coherent by way of an answer I will let you all know."
He said they had declined to participate in the company's dynamic pricing and Platinum ticket schemes as they did not want ticket prices to be "instantly and horribly distorted by resale".
The band had purposefully kept tickets affordable, with some as low as $20. But fans shared screenshots of Ticketmaster shopping baskets with varying fees across different venues: one image showed combined fees that exceeded the cost of a $20 ticket – each subject to a service fee of $11.65 and a facility charge of $10, plus an overall order processing fee of $5.50. A message posted on The Cure website on Friday read: "Following the Fan Verified sale on Wednesday and after further conversation, Ticketmaster have agreed with us that many of the fees being charged for the shows are unduly high, and as a gesture of goodwill have offered refunds... All tickets on sale today will incur lower fees.

#98 February 18, 2024, 06:02:28 PM Last Edit: February 18, 2024, 06:07:39 PM by Pain Medicine
TBF with Thunderstruck you're cherry picking the bum song of the whole 24 song set, which was their first in 8 years. I thought they sounded pretty good otherwise. Brian sounds weaker of course, but the band overall sounded better than they did in 2015.

As for the ticket prices, I'd say no member of the band has taken any interest in the ticket price in decades and if you asked Angus or Brian how much a ticket is they probably couldn't even ballpark it.

The dynamic pricing is ugly but the original ticket prices are basically in line with what other acts are charging, Springsteen is approx €165 standing this Summer and Pearl Jam is €118 standing, €180 gold circle. Green Day tickets were a good bump more expensive despite them playing the same venue just 2 years apart.
An added cost with the AC/DC tour with them playing only 1 gig every 4 nights and will surely be the same if Rolling Stones tour Europe again will be the insane inefficiency of the routing. The costs of putting the whole production on the road for 90+ days between May and August and only having 2 days of income per week must add to the ticket prices.

Not to defend these insane prices, if I was only able to get tickets at the platinum prices I would have left it and if Metallica or Rolling Stones announced an outdoors show with these prices I would just not bother with those either. I had a passing interest in seeing Def Leppard last Summer but not enough €100 general admission intereset.

I'd be surprised if Angus wasn't aware of what the prices are.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 18, 2024, 11:16:42 PMI'd be surprised if Angus wasn't aware of what the prices are.

Angus is always watching the money so he knows well what their cut is.

Unless he hasn't covered money in class yet?

Quote from: Don Gately on February 19, 2024, 10:18:11 AMUnless he hasn't covered money in class yet?

😂😂😂😂
He's born with the natural Scottish tightness with cash😂

Got a standing ticket this morning by pure luck. Was in Dublin for work today and I went into Sound Cellar for other tickets. When I got in the girl was on the phone with someone who was telling her they didn't want a ticket that was being held for them. Turned out it was an AC/DC standing ticket.

Quote from: mickO))) on February 20, 2024, 01:50:59 PMGot a standing ticket this morning by pure luck. Was in Dublin for work today and I went into Sound Cellar for other tickets. When I got in the girl was on the phone with someone who was telling her they didn't want a ticket that was being held for them. Turned out it was an AC/DC standing ticket.

Well done mate, lucky you...