Ah sure grand, would go if I got a ticket, last te around no doubt. Great band in their day.

Wouldn't mind going for that reason. But assuming the ticket price will be obnoxious and you'll be surrounded by the cast of Hills Have Eyes who've been let out for the day to air guitar to Back in Black etc.

Their show in the O2 about a decade or so back was near perfect.
I'm sure Croker would be a killer show by the band, but the thought of that many people all mongin' out just does not appeal.

Quote from: jobrok1 on November 15, 2023, 10:36:53 AMTheir show in the O2 about a decade or so back was near perfect.
I'm sure Croker would be a killer show by the band, but the thought of that many people all mongin' out just does not appeal.

I remember the scramble to get tickets for that. Wasn't there people queuing outside a place in Coleraine a day or two before they went on sale? I turned up in Ballymena at 3.30am and there was 6 people ahead of me. Still got tickets. The 13th person was the last one.

160 odd quid to stand in a field and be surrounded by 50 thousand Bruce Springsteen/ Garth Brookes fans playing 'tallica fan for the day..na baii I'm grand thanks

:laugh:  That's it exactly isn't it, same bucks would be at Rihanna the week after

What was it last time they played here?

Quote from: Kunt 4 Life on November 15, 2023, 06:55:22 PMWhat was it last time they played here?
Was 100 snots for pitch, might have been 99 to sound better was certainly the most I paid for a ticket at time.

Either way it was great to see them but beyond that was an average enough experience in truth and wouldn't be paying more for similar now.

Tbh not sure it goes down well here but Slane may well have enticed me.

Quote from: londonleatherboy on November 15, 2023, 05:50:53 PM160 odd quid to stand in a field and be surrounded by 50 thousand Bruce Springsteen/ Garth Brookes fans playing 'tallica fan for the day..na baii I'm grand thanks
:laugh:  :laugh:

#10 November 15, 2023, 11:11:52 PM Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:26:37 PM by leatherface
I was at their Punchestown concert in 2009.  Malcolm was there and the setlist was a solid greatest hits affair. The rain and some sections of the (huge) crowd weren't so great however. Don't seem to remember paying an exorbitant amount for the ticket.

Setlist on the day was:  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2009/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-7bd6724c.html

Refused free tickets to them 5 or 6 years ago. The main reason was that I was skint and I only had a couple of days' notice (no time to sort accomodation), but I didn't particularly regret it. I've always thought they were only OK, I've never understood the fuss about them. The Bon Scott stuff pissed on everything since.

Quote from: leatherface on November 15, 2023, 11:11:52 PMI was at their Punchestown concert in 2009.  Malcolm was there and the setlist was a solid greatest hits affair. The rain and some sections of the (huge) crowd weren't so great however. Don't seem to remember paying an exorbitant amount for the ticket.

Setlist on the day was:  https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/acdc/2009/punchestown-racecourse-naas-ireland-7bd6724c.html

Yeah I remember the punchestown crowd having an unfriendly feel to it, not like the O2 gig 2 months earlier. Weather didn't help.

I'm on the fence about this one, it's potentially their last time around so would be more of a sign off gig for me, but as others have said I can just imagine the crowd element that would attend this...

Quote from: Carnage on November 16, 2023, 01:07:14 AMRefused free tickets to them 5 or 6 years ago. The main reason was that I was skint and I only had a couple of days' notice (no time to sort accomodation), but I didn't particularly regret it. I've always thought they were only OK, I've never understood the fuss about them. The Bon Scott stuff pissed on everything since.

Same..if someone sticks them on I'd say ahh ya it gets the foot tapping ..but if I never heard them ever again I wouldn't give a monkeys toss