Liking all the new Priest stuff, is it great - of course not, their heyday is decades ago but not bad at all. Gig should be fun, is there many tickets sold would ye say?
regards etc.

One of the lads tried for tickets there and there was only seated available.

Quote from: Don Gately on February 26, 2024, 01:28:16 PMLiking all the new Priest stuff, is it great - of course not, their heyday is decades ago but not bad at all.

Give Firepower a blast. It could rival anything they did in the 80s.

Yes listened to Firepower for a while when it came out, decent for sure. I've been a Priest fan since the 80s, even bough Ram it Down when it came out, for me Sad Wings us the pinnacle, love that album. All of the 70s records are fantastic, apart from debut which I still like. Defenders of the faith, Screaming.., pick of the 80s but I always had a soft spot for Point of Entry also. Painkiller still holds up today too.

Newest one, Serpent and the King, is a damn fine JP tune  :abbath:

Have to say fair play, out of all the older bands they, and I would argue Uriah Heep are still doing well.

Quote from: Don Gately on February 26, 2024, 04:31:06 PMYes listened to Firepower for a while when it came out, decent for sure. I've been a Priest fan since the 80s, even bough Ram it Down when it came out, for me Sad Wings us the pinnacle, love that album. All of the 70s records are fantastic, apart from
Quote from: Don Gately on February 26, 2024, 04:31:06 PMYes listened to Firepower for a while when it came out, decent for sure. I've been a Priest fan since the 80s, even bough Ram it Down when it came out, for me Sad Wings us the pinnacle, love that album. All of the 70s records are fantastic, apart from debut which I still like. Defenders of the faith, Screaming.., pick of the 80s but I always had a soft spot for Point of Entry also. Painkiller still holds up today too.

I can't get into Point Of Entry at all. I'd call it their low point if they hadn't made Nostradamus.

Sure I've said it manys a time, but I do love Desert Plains. Rarely get through the whole album though.

I think Point of Entry is great. Didn't like what I heard of Firepower when it came out but have it on now and it's sitting better.

I think part of what makes these sound good is Halford's vocal abilities haven't diminished a jot with age. He still rips  :abbath:

Ah I know Point of Entry is a bit cheesy and it's probably bit of nostalgia as it was one of the earlier albums I owned but Heading out to the highway, Desert plains, turning circles, Solar angels all great. Even Ram it down has some bangers too.

They are a very consistent band to be fair. Screaming For Vengeance would be my favorite, as said above there are some quality albums in their discography. I loved Firepower, wasn't mad on Redeemer or Nostradamus though.

Finally gort to check out the latest track!
What a ripper!  :abbath:

Angel Of Retribution & Nostradamus would be the only two weak points suffering from being too long.

The mid 80s era Priest stuff is class. I won't hear a bad word said about Turbo!

You will: it's shite.

I like Angel Of Retribution, one of my favourites of theirs. Nostradamus is overlong and doesn't really work, but there are a few belters on it. You have to admire their ambition in doing it, and Halford really pushes his voice on a couple of tracks.

Their low points for me are Turbo (you're not Def Leppard lads, thankfully), Ram It Down and Redeemer Of Souls.