Now being reported that the 5 year old in critical is the daughter of an Eastern European and a South American.

No word on how she's doing? Good to know she's still alive at least.

Apparently he's in an induced coma. A fine beating, couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.

QuoteThe latest incident involved possession of a knife, as well as criminal damage to a car in May.

He was taken to court on the charges but did not receive a conviction. The Mail understands he was not convicted due to a mental health report given to the court.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12789939/Suspect-Dublin-stabbing-charged-knife-possession-year-never-convicted.html

Individual breaks laws involving actual and potential criminal and/or bodily damage.
Mental health report is presented in court so individual is not just not convicted but apparently... simply re-released into society? I don't at all see mental health as an excuse for crimes. I see it as a very real source of often violent crimes which requires its due attention.

Quote from: hellfire on November 26, 2023, 06:53:56 PMApparently he's in an induced coma. A fine beating, couldn't have happened to a nicer fella.
One way to make sure he doesn't reoffend any time soon.

Anyone in the city centre right now? Been hearing rumours all day that the little girl who was stabbed in the neck has either died or was taken off life support and they don't want to announce it to the public until they secure the city centre as they expect another riot to start once it is made public.

It is just hearsay at the minute and I haven't seen any evidence to back it up.

I hope its just a rumour. That poor child and her family have suffered enough for one week.

Oh fuck. I really hope that isn't true. How tragic.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on November 26, 2023, 05:56:07 PMNow being reported that the 5 year old in critical is the daughter of an Eastern European and a South American.

Why would that make any difference?

To who?

First place I came across the information was some mook laying it out that Ireland must really be inundated with migrants since everyone in this story, (in his words) the attacker, the victim, and the hero, are all foreigners. Which I have to admit made me chuckle, for a few reasons.

Why would it make any difference to anyone capable of rational thought so

It wouldn't. To anyone capable of rational thought it is merely a detail.

Quote from: mickO))) on November 26, 2023, 10:20:45 PMAnyone in the city centre right now? Been hearing rumours all day that the little girl who was stabbed in the neck has either died or was taken off life support and they don't want to announce it to the public until they secure the city centre as they expect another riot to start once it is made public.

It is just hearsay at the minute and I haven't seen any evidence to back it up.
Just a rumour, I've been hearing the same thing since Friday