Been watching the latest Blade Runner 2049.
Gotta say, it's a bit of a chore!
Hard to sit all the way through, if I'm bein honest. On day three now with the final hour or so yet to watch.

I loved the original back in my formative years, and am planning to rewatch it again after this one.

Original is amazing. Love it. Saw 2049 in the cinema and enjoyed it but have had no notion to watch it again.

Quote from: astfgyl on January 20, 2024, 06:02:28 PM
Quote from: jobrok1 on January 20, 2024, 05:31:00 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on January 20, 2024, 04:20:59 PMGoing to do the film on projector thing myself this evening. Anyone any recs for anything? Something that looks great would do me but the wife wants a fuckin storyline to go with it

Weather is total dogshit for tonight and tomorrow, so go mad and have a LOTR binge.
 :laugh:

Only for that I've done it less than 2 months ago I'd do it no bother. I'm leaning towards Saving Private Ryan but I dunno I might get too annoyed when the lad is getting the knife pushed into him and the other lad won't come up the stairs with the gun and sort it

Ssshhh, ssshhh, .... sh, sh, sh, ... ssshhhh ..........

Absolutely useless!

And yerman passes him as well then on the way down
Not even a "How're things?"

I enjoyed 2049 a bit more on second watch, but it's really nothing at all compared to the original. Too many derivative things about it, down to the fight scenes, the crappy Hollywood humour, etc.

I love it TBH, beautiful looking film, the sound mix is astounding too. Was a real experience in the cinema, I'm only sorry I dìdn't see it on the IMAX screen.

Agree that the first one is way better. It's just not as interesting spending two hours with Ryan Gosling in that world compared to Harrison Ford. Jared Leto is terrible too, bar the odd role.

The first one is absolute magic, I love getting lost in its whole world and setting. One of the best films ever. Plus Rutger Hauer gives an all-timer of a performance. Might have to stick that on tonight now. Maybe a Rutger double bill with The Hitcher.

I love 2049. Love the whole look and sound of it. Unlucky for it that it'll have to be compared to the first one because there's no way it could top that. Two great films anyway.

I fell asleep halfway through and missed a bit if it. Woke up and watched another few minutes but realised I really didn't care what was going on and had absolutely no intention of rewinding it. Sci-fi mostly just bores the piss out of me.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 21, 2024, 07:14:19 PMI fell asleep halfway through and missed a bit if it. Woke up and watched another few minutes but realised I really didn't care what was going on and had absolutely no intention of rewinding it. Sci-fi mostly just bores the piss out of me.

I'm a fan of sci-fi but neither of the Blade Runner films did much for me. At most for me they're in the "grand I guess" category

Baby Boom, The Lego Batman Movie, sex, lies, and videotape, Ice Age, and The Wind That Shakes The Barley

Surely one of my more varied movie weekends.

Yeah! Gosling is a tool in everything, to be fair. And YES! Twin and half hours of the cunt is hard bloody going.
Leto is a gimp in it, too.
Best thing about it is the Dutch lash playing the Luv character. She throws a mighty kick, to be fair.

Cocaine Bear. Big ball of shite.

I only got a bit into cocaine bear and gave up on it.

I think Gosling suits the part well in 2049. He's wooden as fuck so it worked.

Like Keanu Reeves in A Scanner Darkly or the The Day The Earth Stood Still remake. Prefectly suited to the role.

TBF to Ryan Gosling, he was in The Nice Guys which is one of the only great comedies I've seen in recent years.