Far better than the release version. I think you'd have to read the book to get anything out of either though

Re Dune: people here should watch the documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune" from ten years back.

It's excellent indeed, we can only dream of what might have been.

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on January 20, 2024, 01:11:17 AMRe Dune: people here should watch the documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune" from ten years back.

I did and I think it would have been fucking marvellous

Wanted to re-watch The Wind That Shakes The Barley last night. Herself said she was too tired. Somehow compromised on Baby Boom with Diane Keaton. Had seen as a kid. Not very good :laugh:

Jesus. That's bleak. Wind that shakes the barley is well decent though I wouldn't mind a rewatch of that myself.

Going to do the film on projector thing myself this evening. Anyone any recs for anything? Something that looks great would do me but the wife wants a fuckin storyline to go with it

Quote from: astfgyl on January 20, 2024, 04:20:59 PMGoing to do the film on projector thing myself this evening. Anyone any recs for anything? Something that looks great would do me but the wife wants a fuckin storyline to go with it

Weather is total dogshit for tonight and tomorrow, so go mad and have a LOTR binge.
 :laugh:

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 20, 2024, 05:31:00 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on January 20, 2024, 04:20:59 PMGoing to do the film on projector thing myself this evening. Anyone any recs for anything? Something that looks great would do me but the wife wants a fuckin storyline to go with it

Weather is total dogshit for tonight and tomorrow, so go mad and have a LOTR binge.
 :laugh:

Only for that I've done it less than 2 months ago I'd do it no bother. I'm leaning towards Saving Private Ryan but I dunno I might get too annoyed when the lad is getting the knife pushed into him and the other lad won't come up the stairs with the gun and sort it

1917 is a great one for the big screen.

A great flick as well but I've it done already unfortunately

Just fired on the original Blade Runner. Never seen it before. It's probably pure shite but don't worry, I'll tell it like it is.

Skiddly Rott.

Rewatched Black Hawk Down lately and still enjoyed it, good auld flick for the projector if you are still looking.

You'll never watch it but Princess Mononoke is absolutely lethal and surely fodder for the big projector and hiding from the bad weather.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 21, 2024, 03:57:27 AMJust fired on the original Blade Runner. Never seen it before. It's probably pure shite but don't worry, I'll tell it like it is.

Skiddly Rott.

My favourite film, The Final Cut is the definitive version.

Saw it with a live orchestra a couple of years ago, excellent stuff.

#3944 January 21, 2024, 01:32:06 PM Last Edit: January 21, 2024, 01:36:25 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
So, couple of days ago I discovered pretty much at random that Steven Soderbergh had directed Yes' 9021 concert tour film. I then went to have a look at his full filmography and spotted a couple famous ones in there I'd never seen, notably sex, lies, and videotape. Stuck it on last night. A pretty decent film all round, albeit maybe written a little too much under a Freudian influence. Glad to have seen it anyway. James Spader and fetishes though, what is it with that guy!?  :laugh: