Amazing the difference between the same few riffs. Probably helps that he didn't play each one for what seems like an eternity too

Only seeing maiden next month cos playing SIT material..after that these legacy bands are laughable..this priest thing is farcical..which old man will be dropped and replaced next

Paris tonight, nothing earth shattering so far, fairly similar to opening night in Amsterdam, though I Disappear got an airing, I think that's a cool track.

I Disappear is the best track they've done since The Black Album.

Quote from: jobrok1 on May 18, 2023, 09:00:40 AMI Disappear is the best track they've done since The Black Album.

it is a belter to be fair!

This poster by Juan Ma Orozco is pretty fucking cool

Death Metal Poster is deadly.... Totally wrong band to use it for, though.

100% re-stirring the shit here by signalling that St.Anger was released 20 years ago today  :)

Released? More like secreted... or ejected? It hasn't aged at all, to be fair. It's as fresh and shit now as it was back then. It still amazes me nobody from their management stopped it coming out.

Generally couldn't give a shite about the 'Tallica camp but I am kinda digging this a little.
I can't help but think this is the kinda thing that they really want to be doing anyway.

Dream Theater did that song better IMO.

#402 April 11, 2024, 05:49:20 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 05:52:17 PM by Mooncat
They're playing here (Canada) in August with Pantera, whom I've never seen. Nearly $300 a ticket though for a Zakk Wylde Pantera...really not sure.

Seen Metallica about 7 times already, mainly because they're one of the 5 or so bands big enough to headline metal festivals, and I'm not sure I could sit through a set of even their classic stuff these days, never mind that it's interspersed with all their newer terrible stuff.

EDIT: Reading back over this thread I was going to mention that that shadow dancing video was ridiculous and would have been slightly better if it was them shadow playing their instruments as a band, until I noticed they have a few other videos already doing that. Clearly the shadow dancing video was at the point where they still had a video to make and needed to try something different. Might as well have just had Lars and Kirk shadow wank James to show their gratitude at still having jobs at this point. Would have at least been real.

Metallica are a better cover band (minus Tuesdays gone and Loverman) maybe they should try and cover some of their early stuff!!!!

#404 April 11, 2024, 07:40:26 PM Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 07:42:58 PM by Carnage
I listened to 72 Seasons again the other day, for the first time more or less since it came out. Had it on in the background while doing some computer stuff and it went down surprisingly well. Still not a patch on their classic material obviously, but it's definitely the best since Reload. If Darkness Had A Son could have come off either of the Load albums, easily.

I'd forgotten how stupid the CD packaging was though.