I was on the Metallica site and Ticketmaster just checking a regular ticket. No perks or any pre show earl entry bullshit. They don't seem to be interested in that at all.
Its all geared towards those sill name packages.

QuoteThey don't seem to be interested in that at all.

Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but they've hired a company to put together a suite of add on packages that range from $400 for early entry to $7000 to be on a special viewing platform. So they're very much interested in it, the add ons are purchased through the third party website

There were quite a few spelling mistakes in my post there.
It looked to me like the whole ticketing system was geared towards the packages.
Maybe I looked in the wrong places.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on May 03, 2023, 06:38:04 PM
QuoteThey don't seem to be interested in that at all.

Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but they've hired a company to put together a suite of add on packages that range from $400 for early entry to $7000 to be on a special viewing platform. So they're very much interested in it, the add ons are purchased through the third party website

State of that while I think of it. Making the rich fans have access to a better experience than the poor fans.

Is it not enough that the poor people have to work like dogs to get the price of a ticket at all but then the reward is to get treated like shit compared to the rich once more when over the years you have spent a greater part of your salary and therefore sold more hours of your life to see these same wankers that will treat you worse than some cunt who got this better special viewing platform deal as part of a Paddy's Day junket at the expense of the taxpayer and didn't cost him a second of his time because he got time off for it and also didn't even organise it for themselves because cmon we all know there are lackeys paid minimum wage to do that while one simply wanks into their own faces due to their either earned or inherited social status.

Metallica and their fans and their absolutely worthless (for anyone but the most absolute die hard enthusiasts who have already seen the fuckin eejits 37 times) new album can all fuck off at the same time because the people that pay to have it better than anyone else are actually responsible for the fact that some have it better than others and are not good and fair people, just like the band themselves, releasing tripe for the guts of 30 years and getting away with it on the reputation they've built up during their first 10 years.

The amazing thing is that I could actually go on, I'm not half finished with them or indeed you.

Fuck sake

It's 2023 astfgyl. Did you miss the last 25 to 30 years? Metallica have been a musical and cultural irrelevance for that length of time. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing - metallica themselves or the fans who still get het up about their crap.

Most people parked them around 96/97 if not 91!!!

Quote from: Grim Reality on May 03, 2023, 11:53:42 PMIt's 2023 astfgyl. Did you miss the last 25 to 30 years? Metallica have been a musical and cultural irrelevance for that length of time. I'm not sure what's more embarrassing - metallica themselves or the fans who still get het up about their crap.

Most people parked them around 96/97 if not 91!!!

You're right. I think the same point applies to the likes of Tool and others of the same commercial standing who sell the overpriced VIP packages at their shit overpriced gigs.

As I've said, I could go on

Tool were great last year. Their last album was also very strong.

Haven't seen Tool since the ozzfest but can't complain about the price of that. Also the last album wasn't bad but I wouldn't pay the prices to see them now in a fit

OK I think I paid €90 last year. I'm fairness it was an amazing show. I paid similar for Iron Maiden for next month and Priest coming in around €80 too so it's the go of it.

By the time I went looking for Tool tickets last time what was left was up in the hundreds.

Same reason I'm not heading to Depeche Mode this year. Just too pricey

Same all the bigger seems to be about €80-100 now. If I wanted to head to something with the missus, after the cost of tickets, pints, taxis, babysitters, there's very little change left out of €500. Just not worth it

Quote from: Trev on May 04, 2023, 07:51:34 PMSame all the bigger seems to be about €80-100 now. If I wanted to head to something with the missus, after the cost of tickets, pints, taxis, babysitters, there's very little change left out of €500. Just not worth it

Sleep in your car, sneak drinks into the venue, abort your kids... ya it's rough but it's also affordable.

Quote from: Trev on May 04, 2023, 07:51:34 PMSame all the bigger seems to be about €80-100 now. If I wanted to head to something with the missus, after the cost of tickets, pints, taxis, babysitters, there's very little change left out of €500. Just not worth it

Aye that's pretty much it for me. Going to Swans and Emperor fair enough but won't be bringing the wife or staying up for either. It's the smaller stuff or nothing for me these days and mostly because of money

Back on topic, was driving to cork yesterday with the wife and she wanted to throw this on so ok. It's actually not that bad if only they hadn't stretched every single tune out to way beyond reasonable lengths. There is the makings of a very good Metallica album in there and a couple of the tunes are very strong. Ok the drum sound is despicable but had they released this instead of st Anger that time I reckon people would've really gotten into this one. Well some editing would have been required but overall it's not a bad effort from them although the bar has been low for 20 years. There's a couple of tracks that I'd throw on willingly.

Jesus I'm really damning them with faint praise here aren't I

Always find these interesting, production changes making the riffs hit differently and for me, better...but maybe that's nostalgia factor kicking in

https://youtu.be/YrnBQrP72qc