Finished this off in two goes.

Verdict: Their best since the Load days, but it doesn't really matter to anyone other than the die hards. If someone else had it on in their gaff I wouldn't complain about it

Got half way through this, I'll try finish it some other time but the hats are hard to listen to, they're like splashes constantly going off. Come to think of it the drums overall are so fake sounding, kind of distracts from anything else and it's inflamed  further by the snare fills that Lars usually does but seems to be doing alot more. Other than that, actual drumming is good I think. Riffs completely forgettable, the highlight of this album for me is James' vocals.   

Yes the hats do sound fucked up. Compressed to death

Fair fucks to anyone who can sit through this nonsense start to finish and not want to poke needles in their ears. It makes the last Megadeth album sound like a masterwork (in fairness at least Mustaine has the decency to surround himself with killer players).

Ah I don't think it's all that bad. The drums do sound terrible and the songs forgettable but it's pretty inoffensive overall without being actually good at any point. Can't speak to the Megadeth comment as I never got into them

I don't really know how to describe it, it's all just so... meh. The funny thing about the drumming is you know straight away it's Ulrich, but that's really not a good thing.

There's a few goofy songs on the Megadeth album, but for the most part it actually sounds like Megadeth. Like this it some tight thrash metal with tasty lead playing...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LkJ5jJuraLQ

#366 April 28, 2023, 06:33:21 AM Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 09:11:23 AM by Pagan Saviour
QuoteOrion
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Holier Than Thou
King Nothing
Lux Æterna
Screaming Suicide
Fade to Black
Sleepwalk My Life Away
Nothing Else Matters
Sad but True
The Day That Never Comes
Ride the Lightning
Battery
Fuel
Seek & Destroy
(False Start)
Master of Puppets

I looking out for the set list update as I wouldn't mind seeing them if they stopped here and didn't play a field but there was nothing too spectacular about the first set on this tour other than opening with Orion which would've been awesome and the welcome omission of Enter Sandman. I thought they might've dug a bit deeper, maybe Saturdays set will differ.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning again, James looks like a bag of shite. Looks like he's gonna collapse and the playing is fairly shabby.

https://youtu.be/7qbXYHxP5Bw?t=76

16 songs for the guts of 300 quid a ticket... amazing value  :laugh:

Aside from Orion, it's a tired looking set and it'd be easy to guess the 16 they'd play at the next date already.

Nothing else matters and Sad but true, jesus wept

Quote from: Don Gately on April 28, 2023, 01:02:56 PMNothing else matters and Sad but true, jesus wept

I love Sad But True.  :abbath:

Great tune alright. The first track on my stripped down personal version of the Black album.

Second night in Amsterdam off with a bang, Call of Ktulu, Leper Messiah , Until it Sleeps. Seemed a slightly better set til there was a run of 72 Seasons stuff, then whiskey appeared which is always a total waste of a song.

Do they play 'Four Horsemen' anymore? or is that a Mustaine song?

I've only listened to the album once. My biggest gripe is Hammett's playing. It's beyond shit and so predictable. He has to be one of the most unimaginative lead guitarists in the business.