I tried hard to get into King Diamond/Mercyful Fate a few times over the years,never really did anything for me.

Lads, bend over. I'll get the hot poker.

How do you think he got the voice?

Took years for me to 'get' them TBH, there was a song on 9 that clicked and led me back to the classics. King Diamond solo I can generally take or leave, but Abigail and Fatal Portrait are mighty.

Conspiracy is maybe the best starting point for getting into KD alright.

I don't really like "traditional" heavy metal (which is of itself a kind of controversial opinion I imagine) as I kinda made the leap from Bon Jovi to Metallica and Slayer pretty quickly as a child, but Mercyful Fate/King Diamond is the notable exception. Down in no small part I'd imagine to King D's whole schtick

Quote from: Carnage on November 01, 2021, 11:47:21 PM
How do you think he got the voice?

Took years for me to 'get' them TBH, there was a song on 9 that clicked and led me back to the classics. King Diamond solo I can generally take or leave, but Abigail and Fatal Portrait are mighty.
Was thay song on one of those Terrorizer comp cds?,that was a class tune to be fair!.

I had Conspiracy on tape as a young fella,went exploring a bit further as i got a bit older, but they never clicked.

Meshuggah are over rated. Discuss  :abbath:

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on November 01, 2021, 10:23:24 PM
I despise King Diamond.
I'd rather stick a hot poker up me hole,sideways, than listen to that screeching noise that is supposed to be vocals. Unbearable.
Agreed!!!    :abbath: :abbath: :abbath:

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 02, 2021, 09:37:13 AMWas thay song on one of those Terrorizer comp cds?,that was a class tune to be fair!

It was indeed, Buried Alive was the song in question.

Some good stuff on that disc:

https://www.discogs.com/release/5258737-Various-Terrorized-Vol-3

Quote from: Carnage on November 02, 2021, 11:11:11 AM
Quote from: Paul keohane on November 02, 2021, 09:37:13 AMWas thay song on one of those Terrorizer comp cds?,that was a class tune to be fair!

It was indeed, Buried Alive was the song in question.

Some good stuff on that disc:

https://www.discogs.com/release/5258737-Various-Terrorized-Vol-3
Ha fuck some blast from the past that!,

I don't like the entire album, but like Cold Lake quite a lot.

Quote from: Paul keohane on November 01, 2021, 10:41:16 PM
I tried hard to get into King Diamond/Mercyful Fate a few times over the years,never really did anything for me.

I'm only really familiar with Melissa, the guitars in that are savage. Those alone keep me returning to the album.

Quote from: Necro Red on November 02, 2021, 10:07:53 AM
Meshuggah are over rated. Discuss  :abbath:

No  :abbath:

I don't think they are over rated, but I do think that maybe they are more popular than they should be? Does that even make sense? Well there you go.

I'd go along with that, they've stalled a bit in terms of progression, Obzen is the last one that stood out for me.