Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 01, 2021, 10:53:44 PM
Lads, bend over. I'll get the hot poker.

Sounds like there's too many holes for one hot poker administrator. I'll volunteer my services and fire poker.

Quote from: Necro Red on November 02, 2021, 10:07:53 AM
Meshuggah are over rated. Discuss  :abbath:

They're a band that I can appreciate more than I actually enjoy listening to. I think they deserve their success. Even if they did inadvertently create one of the absolute worst metal sub genres.

I couldn't listen to Meshuggah for more than 10 minutes, but I saw them live once and it was devastatingly good. But the next day, once again, couldn't listen to them for more than about 10 minutes. Find the vocals fierce monotonous too, doesn't help.

I've the same problem with Meshuggah that I do with Tool. I can happily listen to any individual song and enjoy it, but making it through a full album is a bit of a chore. Like BSC said the lack of variety in the vocals starts to grate after a while

Apart from the I ep, that's utterly brilliant

Tool I could happily listen to for hours though, and often have! Some of the best smoking music going, hands down.

Funny you should mention Tool and Meshuggah. I find tracks in both Bands' albums flow so well together when listening to them as a whole. Catch 33 is a good example - particularly Minds Mirrors to the end of In Death - Is Death which contains some of the greatest riffs, drumming etc I've ever heard on any album of any Metal genre.

Heretic is my favourite Morbid Angel album.

Heretic is a pretty cool album, don't think it was a career highlight for them though. I quite like Steve Tucker as a vocalist and his bass is pretty cool too.

Heretic has a couple of good tunes but very much an album no body cares about much.I liked Tucker as a front man,was absolutely devastating at that gig in Temple bar music centre,still one of my favourite gigs.

Yeah, that was a great gig in TBMC. But thankfully I got to see them a few years later with Dave Vincent in London, and it was a much better show all round.

#835 November 03, 2021, 09:41:02 PM Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 09:42:44 PM by Cosmic_Equilibrium
Some may say Empire Of The Clouds, others may nominate much of the mid to late 90s era output, but the truth is that there is no other Maiden song as totally shite as The Assassin.

In terms of controversial Morbid Angel opinions, I could never really get into Altars and Blessed. I got into them when Covenant came out and that has always remained my favourite MA album by a country mile.

To be fair Covenant is on a whole other level to the rest of Morbid Angels output. Yeah Altars and Blessed have some unreal songs but Covenant is just so fuckin good from start to finish. I always felt that the Tucker albums could've been so much better but suffered from a pretty poor production. The music just feels sterile to these ears.

I like BATS a lot but it really hasn't aged well production wise. The drums are awful and artificial sounding.

Part of its charm though, but maybe nostalgia's kicking there. It's their benchmark for me, top 5 DM album for sure. A big criticism of that album is that side 2 is mostly rerecorded demo tracks, but what band hasn't done that when they've gotten a proper album in the works?

I can't abide the Tucker albums, I don't see the appeal at all.