There's a new version of Blackened?

Didn't think it was too bad, drums put me off a little, some more subtle playing would have worked much better

Quote from: Ducky on May 04, 2020, 03:46:27 PM

Yeah. Mama Said Blackened, or Blackened 2020, one or the other.

Quote from: Pagan Waltar on May 04, 2020, 01:15:40 PM
Regarding Motorhead, while nearly every album is full of filler, Ace of Spades is without a doubt one of the greatest Rock n' Roll albums ever recorded.

If you put together the rest of their material you would have another few stellar full lenghts.
Overkill is a classic.
Bomber is overrated but still a good album.
Of the newer stuff Bastards, Inferno and We are Motorhead are all excellent albums too

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on May 04, 2020, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: Ducky on May 04, 2020, 03:46:27 PM

Yeah. Mama Said Blackened, or Blackened 2020, one or the other.

Cheers, just having a listen now... this is satire, right?

Quote from: Anton Arcane on April 25, 2020, 10:42:29 PM
Quote from: O Drighes on April 25, 2020, 01:21:31 PM
Right, here's something I don't know how controvertial it is, but it's only my perception of it. 

Virtually all classic thrash metal bands reached a point where their riffs, tones and overall composition would be easily interchangeable if wasn't for their iconic singers. They sound like the exact same band if you could change the vocalist, and even the vocal placement is incredibly similar.

Those bands were instantly recognizable in their early albums, but you get Exodus, Kreator, Destruction, etc etc and they all have the same predicatable chord progression patterns. I'll give the devil's his due that tones were influenced by newer technology but the composition itself is far more stale than in any other metal subgenre. And by that I mean the classics in other genres and not newer bands...

Few exception here and there but it seems to me it's the stem of heavy metal who suffered the most with overclassification of metal subgenres.

While I don't entirely agree with you, in fact if anything, the classic thrash bands all had their own identities and sounds. Testament were very different from Exodus. Forbidden were very different from Vio-Lence. Nuclear Assault were very different from Sacred Reich. At least to my ears anyway. But somewhere along the line, bands stopped developing. The last real changes in thrash were in the early 90s with the "melodic" post Black Album gold rush and the mid 90s tuning down and introducing some bro dude grooves. Both were largely commercial and creative failures for everyone involved so since then everyone has been playing it safe. Find your niche and stick to it. I think that's why the vast majority of modern thrash bands don't even try to be remotely original. Right now as far as I can see there's two types of modern thrash bands. Bands that completely stick to the 80s blueprint or bands that stick completely to the 80s blueprint and add black or death metal vocals. Maybe it's a genre that just wasn't meant to develop?

Agree with the point on the 80s blueprint, even a friend of mine has about 8/9 trash songs he's waiting to record. It's good but sounds pulled straight out of the 80s.
Play the Academy July 13th

Surpised at a lot of the Megadeth comments, i'm a big fan of of all their album nearly bar Risk and Super Collider but some food for though and some merit to some of what was said, but  also fuck that, I love killing is my business especially.
Play the Academy July 13th

#352 May 04, 2020, 05:18:49 PM Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 05:24:07 PM by Pedrito
 :abbath:

Ozzy is a talentless dimwit that should have disappeared after Sabbath Bloody Sabbath  :abbath:

I don't think that's a controversial opinion. The man (and his wife) are parasites.

Quote from: Scáthach on May 04, 2020, 11:23:03 PM
Ozzy is a talentless dimwit that should have disappeared after Sabbath Bloody Sabbath  :abbath:
Ah man, Sabotage is a class album in its own right and those first 4 Ozzy solo albums were great....

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 05, 2020, 08:51:58 AM
Ah man, Sabotage is a class album in its own right and those first 4 Ozzy solo albums were great....

And the new album is pretty pathetic nonsense, how it gets 4/5 in the music mags is hard to believe.

Quote from: Kurt Cocaine on May 05, 2020, 08:51:58 AM
Actually I have agree about Sabotage, you have me there. But what if Randy Rhoads had teamed up with a capable vocalist? It's a big metal 'what if?' in my head.

And Jake Lee, Bob Daisley, Lee Kerslake...

QuoteBut what if Randy Rhoads had teamed up with a capable vocalist? It's a big metal 'what if?' in my head.

He did, but Quiet Riot were still shit.

Ozzy's output was grand up to No More Tears. After that it just gets progressively worse. Had he stopped when he first planned, after that No More Tears stint (and not stopped when the voices told him to strangle Sharon), it would be hard to find fault with his body of work.