Quote from: Juggz on May 05, 2020, 02:25:16 PMOzzy's output was grand up to No More Tears. After that it just gets progressively worse. Had he stopped when he first planned, after that No More Tears stint (and not stopped when the voices told him to strangle Sharon), it would be hard to find fault with his body of work.

This. The first 6 Sabbath albums and the title track of Never Say Die are fantastic, as is about half of the solo period mentioned, but after No More Tears, he's forgettable. The subsequent mumbling, stumbling mess that Sharon's been milking for all he's worth is tragic to behold.

I fucking love Never Say Die. There are a couple of duffers but the rest is flawed magnificence. Technical Ecstacy... She's Gone can get gone but the rest is deadly.

Is still liking/buying picture disks still out of fashion?

Danzig is one of the worst vocalists I've ever heard

Quote from: blessed1 on May 06, 2020, 12:03:18 PM

Ya, but have you seen his new movie?

Doesn't matter because he wrote some of the greatest songs ever.

Quote from: hellfire on May 05, 2020, 08:15:16 PM
Is still liking/buying picture disks still out of fashion?

Must have passed me by. Listening to the last Flotsam and Jetsam on pic disc right now. Though why I bought such a godawful cover art as a picture disc I'll never know.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Picture discs have a reputation for poor quality sound but my ear isn't tuned finely enough to notice.  I only have a handful of them but I tend to veer away from them because I like to be able to look at the artwork while listening to the music which can be a dizzying experience with a picture disc.

Quote from: Emphyrio on May 06, 2020, 01:03:57 PM
Quote from: blessed1 on May 06, 2020, 12:03:18 PM

Ya, but have you seen his new movie?

I have. Its still better than his vocals.

Faith No More's version of War Pigs from Brixton Academy is a more enjoyable listen than the original song.

Quote from: astfgyl on May 09, 2020, 08:52:58 PM
Faith No More's version of War Pigs from Brixton Academy is a more enjoyable listen than the original song.
More enjoyable than their original studio version (I agree) or more enjoyable than the actual original (get your coat!).

Both.

I had a feeling I'd be on my own with this one, but hear me out. My missus never stops listening to the first 3 Sabbath albums and I get to hear the original War Pigs almost every day. I know it's a great song and I never mind it being on but I was so refreshed by FNM's livelier and more energetic Brixton Academy version the last couple of days that I came to the conclusion I find it more enjoyable. Wife unsurprisingly also disagrees and thinks the FNM one is shit compared to Sabbath version.

I'll get me coat..

The Black Album is actually a great album and although stylistically it's a big departure from And Justice For All, many of its riffs would sit comfortably on Ride The Lightning.

It can certainly be shaved of a couple of tracks and reordered into a really great album. As is, too much crowd pleasing filler

No problem with the Black album at all for me, always said 'first five', rather than 'first four'. Would be perfectly happy never to hear Sandman or Nothing  Else Matters again though.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes