Quote from: Pagan Saviour on February 27, 2024, 08:02:55 AMKnew quite a few around the Grove area? Is that right - haven't been there in an age or had any contact with anyone. Ken Hall was my first contact there, think his brother is in Dead Label now.

Yeah Danny I think. That's mad, been living around the Grove myself just in the last few years :abbath:

Quote from: Carnage on March 04, 2024, 08:23:23 PMI wouldn't say that's controversial at all, he's a great straight up singer but when he's given free rein he's insufferable.

Adult Themes For Voice is what happens when he's left at it.

There's a happy medium with him indeed and my controversial opinion of this evening is that his happiest medium is to be found on Disco Volante.

Quote from: astfgyl on March 04, 2024, 10:20:56 PMThere's a happy medium with him indeed and my controversial opinion of this evening is that his happiest medium is to be found on Disco Volante.

Least controversial thing in this thread

Quote from: Pentagrimes on March 05, 2024, 01:20:00 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on March 04, 2024, 10:20:56 PMThere's a happy medium with him indeed and my controversial opinion of this evening is that his happiest medium is to be found on Disco Volante.

3/3 there lads.

Oddly revisiting Kaada/Patton "Romances" a good bit lately and it is severely underrated, dunno when either of ye last had it on but it is worth going back to anyway.

It was all Mondo Cane for me over the weekend, and the originals of the songs he covered. Amazing how spot on some of them are.

Quote from: ochoill on March 05, 2024, 01:34:56 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on March 05, 2024, 01:20:00 PM

3/3 there lads.

Oddly revisiting Kaada/Patton "Romances" a good bit lately and it is severely underrated, dunno when either of ye last had it on but it is worth going back to anyway.

I got as far as the debut, that was enough for me. Tried to listen to a bit of DV when they were a hot topic here a few weeks ago, not for me at all.

Brave new world is a better album than somewhere in time.

Only in an alternate universe where wrong is right and ReLoad is commonly accepted as being better than Ride The Lightning.

Is it controversial to say I've never liked a single Iron Maiden tune? I remember my mate's brother having all the posters of the album covers back in the early 90s and thinking the music was going to be something spectacular altogether and then being really disappointed when I tried out the tape of Somewhere in Time. They've never grown on me since either. Ah well..

Dio post Mob Rules is not a good singer. bordering on unlistenable

As in, his entire solo catalogue?

Brave New world is the best album released since Dickinson returned to the band by a country mile. But not better than any of the first 7 albums.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on March 04, 2024, 02:04:47 PMThe Real Thing would have been a much better album with The Perfect Crime and The Cowboy Song on there instead of the War Pigs cover.

Agreed. War Pigs is a great cover, but Perfect Crime is an absolute choon!

if Patton cut out the nasal shyte too it would have been better, Angel Dust is their peak