Who did you know from Celbridge? I might know them.

It was very much 90s alt metal/nu  metal if I remember correctly. The singer wanted to be Zach de la Rocha but he looked like he had stage fright and couldn't scream at all  :laugh: He tried to do a cool jump at one stage and I think he got about 1.5 inches off the ground. It was just embarrassing.

Knew quite a few around the Grove area? Is that right - haven't been there in an age or had any contact with anyone. Ken Hall was my first contact there, think his brother is in Dead Label now.

No fucking way man. I hung around in the Grove in the mid to late 90s. I know Ken Hall but haven't seen him since school. I think he was a year or two ahead of me so he would have finished up in 97/98? Did you know Teggs, Bolger, Ste Tew etc? I was in a band with a few of those heads in around 97.

None of those names ring any bells, long time ago now though. There was a lad called horse I recall?

:laugh: Yep, Horse was in that crew. A mad hoor.

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on February 27, 2024, 06:42:55 AM
Quote from: Carnage on February 27, 2024, 12:13:22 AMWere they not called Paranoia or am I thinking of a different gig? They were definitely shite anyway.

Didn't Paranoia support Anthrax? IIRC at the end of their set, the drummer threw his sticks into the crowd, and you could hear them bounce along the floor all the way back.

Possibly but I didn't see them there.

Stuck on Demanufacture last night and very quickly remembered what always put a downer on Fear Factory for me: disappointment that the lyrics and vocal approach, with only a couple of exceptions, didn't live up to the overall aesthetic. Too much generic angst, not enough true Giger-esque darkness.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 27, 2024, 10:57:28 AMStuck on Demanufacture last night and very quickly remembered what always put a downer on Fear Factory for me: disappointment that the lyrics and vocal approach, with only a couple of exceptions, didn't live up to the overall aesthetic. Too much generic angst, not enough true Giger-esque darkness.

Try Mechanize. It's better

Quote from: astfgyl on February 27, 2024, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 27, 2024, 10:57:28 AMStuck on Demanufacture last night and very quickly remembered what always put a downer on Fear Factory for me: disappointment that the lyrics and vocal approach, with only a couple of exceptions, didn't live up to the overall aesthetic. Too much generic angst, not enough true Giger-esque darkness.

Try Mechanize. It's better
Mechanize is a fantastic album, I would hold Demanufacture higher though. Both excellent albums. Hoglan plays a stormer on Mechanize!

The Real Thing would have been a much better album with The Perfect Crime and The Cowboy Song on there instead of the War Pigs cover.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on March 04, 2024, 02:04:47 PMThe Real Thing would have been a much better album with The Perfect Crime and The Cowboy Song on there instead of the War Pigs cover.

No controversy there for me!

Nah, I love their version of War Pigs. I have many fond childhood memories of it.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on March 04, 2024, 06:34:26 PMNah, I love their version of War Pigs. I have many fond childhood memories of it.

Love it myself and I think I'm in this thread somewhere saying I preferred it to the original because I knew it so well so many years earlier but I'd have preferred the two originals on the album and War Pigs tacked on the end of the live album

For ages the way Mike Patton sang " satan laughing spreads his wings " on the live from Brixton album was the heaviest thing ever .

This may be considered controversial but Mike Patton is far more interesting when he is just singing rather than doing his Patron thing.

I wouldn't say that's controversial at all, he's a great straight up singer but when he's given free rein he's insufferable.