Quote from: John Kimble on February 26, 2024, 08:51:45 PMDigimortal is probably the worst piece of dogshit I ever purchased in my life, and I bought the Burning Red. Good comparison with Machine Head now that I think of it, one classic early to mid nineties album and then it all went to pot.
After I got my first job as a young fella I went out and bought Digimortal and Machine Heads Supercharger, think just because they were the most recent releases.

I listened to them so, so many times to try and justify paying for them but they're both irredeemable shite

Haha we've all done it,bought some scutter of a release in our teens and tried to force yourself to like it because you blew all that weeks cash on it! :laugh:

Jaysus hard luck with those two man

I did the same I think, that was a disappointing evening!  :laugh:

I'd give Digimortal the odd spin now and then but Supercharger is just irredeemable.

Quote from: ochoill on February 26, 2024, 09:52:34 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on February 26, 2024, 09:12:25 PMTransgression shots all over Digimortal and that's saying something.
Soul Of A New Machine is brilliant goes on for ages.
Demanufacture is the best one.
I thought Archetype was great at the start but it got boring very fast.
Did Raymond Herrera ever hit a tom roll?
There's a story behind that for Demanufacture at least.  Apparently they weren't happy with Colin Richardson's mix for the album, there was some grief over it because he wanted it to sound the same as SOANM but the band didn't, they kept everything he recorded for it and went to Rhys Fulber, who did the mix we all know.
During the transition Richardson lost the tom tracks that were recorded, but they ended up loving the mix without them that Fulber got without any toms on it, presumably because of how much more mechanical the whole thing is.

That's crazy that a drummer would agree to it!

Never got into FF. I had Demanufacture but, without even thinking about it, just never listened to it. Don't know any of their other stuff at all, and have never read anything that made me curious to check it out  :laugh: Must have a listen to Demanufacture for the laugh some time. Could be 20 years since I heard it.

Quote from: Paul keohane on February 26, 2024, 09:46:03 PMWas a huge FF fan around then,still spin Soul regularly,Demanufacture not so much but still a great album.I ran a small bus from Cork to the gig in the SFX in 1995,still have the original tour shirt too.Remember being a bit star struck outside after when the band came out signing tickets etc.

I was at that one too. The support band, Pet Hates (?), were from my home town which was mind blowing to me at 13. I can only imagine how awful they must have been for me to have thought they sucked back then  :laugh:

Were they not called Paranoia or am I thinking of a different gig? They were definitely shite anyway.

I think possibly Skinfather opened, and then it was the Celbridge band. I'll double check the name but it definitely wasn't Paranoia.

#1449 February 27, 2024, 12:56:52 AM Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 01:03:48 AM by Carnage
I saw them support someone there in the mid to late '90s, can't remember who. Cubanate and Will Haven supported FF in '99, it wasn't that time. Korn or Paradise Lost, maybe?

I only saw then headline there. Maybe it was 96...

QuotePet Hates

I think that was their only gig or one of anyways. Not a trace of them anywhere or a note of music to be found.

Quote from: Carnage on February 27, 2024, 12:13:22 AMWere they not called Paranoia or am I thinking of a different gig? They were definitely shite anyway.

Didn't Paranoia support Anthrax? IIRC at the end of their set, the drummer threw his sticks into the crowd, and you could hear them bounce along the floor all the way back.

:laugh:

Yeah I think Pet Hates played a few gigs in Leixlip and maybe at a guess the Student's Union in Maynooth College. I think only the guitarist was from Celbridge but me and my mates thought it was unreal to see a guy from our town on stage in the SFX. I really do have to stress that they were terrible...

I didn't make it to the gig but was friends with a few like minded souls from Celbridge back then, it was literally the first thing everyone mentioned. I remember thinking the name was a complete load of bollocks, like a typical pub cover band - I thought though they must be heavy, must at least sound similar to Fear Factory to get on the bill but turns out one of their old boys had a well placed connection.

I'm presuming they were some kind of indie grungey rock?