Quote from: Carnage on February 26, 2024, 01:14:22 AMThere's something good on all of the albums bar Transgression, that's clearly fucking terrible. Even the last few, they're worth a listen. No classics there obviously, but they're not shit. I have zero hope or interest in the post-Bell incarnation of the band, the fact that he got a Bell clone in (including the hairstyle and mannerisms) shows that there's no interest in progression or evolution there, it's just gonna be shoddy rehashing of former glories. Dead band.

Surely the correct term for a Bell clone would be "replicant"?

#1426 February 26, 2024, 09:30:03 AM Last Edit: February 26, 2024, 09:31:44 AM by ochoill
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 26, 2024, 07:44:08 AMSurely the correct term for a Bell clone would be "replicant"?
:laugh: replace him with AI altogether since he has been singing about it for his whole career.

Quote from: Carnage on February 26, 2024, 01:14:22 AMI have zero hope or interest in the post-Bell incarnation of the band, the fact that he got a Bell clone in (including the hairstyle and mannerisms) shows that there's no interest in progression or evolution there, it's just gonna be shoddy rehashing of former glories. Dead band.
Oh yeah I have no hope or interest meself.  There's no saving them.  I'll just listen to the few albums I enjoy, wouldn't even go see them live now (but luckily caught the half-SYL version of them years ago).  The second they let Wolbers write the music and Bell steer the band it was utterly fucked and Digimortal is the first result of that - arguably Obsolete but I think Cazares still had a fair hand in that and it actually has good tunes on it.  I know Wolbers is gone years but he still turned it to irredeemable shite while he had the chance.  No excuse for the last few though, like you said, it's Dino trying to flog a dead horse now.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 26, 2024, 07:44:08 AM
Quote from: Carnage on February 26, 2024, 01:14:22 AMThere's something good on all of the albums bar Transgression, that's clearly fucking terrible. Even the last few, they're worth a listen. No classics there obviously, but they're not shit. I have zero hope or interest in the post-Bell incarnation of the band, the fact that he got a Bell clone in (including the hairstyle and mannerisms) shows that there's no interest in progression or evolution there, it's just gonna be shoddy rehashing of former glories. Dead band.

Surely the correct term for a Bell clone would be "replicant"?

Waiting on the directors cut of Fear Factory where Dino is the replicant 😂

Quote from: ochoill on February 26, 2024, 09:30:03 AM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 26, 2024, 07:44:08 AMSurely the correct term for a Bell clone would be "replicant"?
:laugh: replace him with AI altogether since he has been singing about it for his whole career

Lol perfect! Prophecy fulfilled although I think that milo lad might as well be ai as it is

Never saw the attraction of Fear Factory.  Overrated band. 

It's probably more controversial me, a renknowned 90s death metal elitist snob, saying "Demanufacture" has some bangers on it than it is someone here not liking them :laugh: How could you not love the end od "Pisschrist"?

You couldn't not like the end of Pisschrist. It's probably their finest hour

Edit: well, minute or two...

Demanufacture was a boy one for me but I never went any further with them.

Demanufacture is great. The only consistent album they ever released. As said, some absolute bangers on that one. The whole man v machine, dystopian schtick was grand at the time but they absolutely dragged the life out of the concept. Digimortal is probably the worst piece of dogshit I ever purchased in my life, and I bought the Burning Red. Good comparison with Machine Head now that I think of it, one classic early to mid nineties album and then it all went to pot.

Yeah, Demanufacture is one of my favourite albums, they never came close to it again. They were savage on that tour, too.

Transgression shots all over Digimortal and that's saying something.
Soul Of A New Machine is brilliant goes on for ages.
Demanufacture is the best one.
I thought Archetype was great at the start but it got boring very fast.
Did Raymond Herrera ever hit a tom roll?

Demanufacture was a staple as a young fella. Got the shirt when I was about 14 and had it ripped clean off me the very first night I wore it 😄 Went back to it about 2 years ago and was surprised that of all the albums of that time and of the more mainstream metal that that was one that held up well.

Was a huge FF fan around then,still spin Soul regularly,Demanufacture not so much but still a great album.I ran a small bus from Cork to the gig in the SFX in 1995,still have the original tour shirt too.Remember being a bit star struck outside after when the band came out signing tickets etc.

Quote from: Circlepit on February 26, 2024, 09:12:25 PMTransgression shots all over Digimortal and that's saying something.
Soul Of A New Machine is brilliant goes on for ages.
Demanufacture is the best one.
I thought Archetype was great at the start but it got boring very fast.
Did Raymond Herrera ever hit a tom roll?
There's a story behind that for Demanufacture at least.  Apparently they weren't happy with Colin Richardson's mix for the album, there was some grief over it because he wanted it to sound the same as SOANM but the band didn't, they kept everything he recorded for it and went to Rhys Fulber, who did the mix we all know.
During the transition Richardson lost the tom tracks that were recorded, but they ended up loving the mix without them that Fulber got without any toms on it, presumably because of how much more mechanical the whole thing is.