I'd agree LZII is relatively the weakest of the first four, but Whole Lotta Love is quality, yer mental  :laugh:

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on February 01, 2024, 11:38:02 PMVolahn - Aq'Ab'Al. the best black metal album of the last 10 years.

The album is good but nothing special even some stuff from that circle like Stillbirth in the Temple of Venus is so much better. Such a shame Arizmenda have no clue how to release records and also refuse to let any label handle releases for them. Got to see Volahn live a few years ago and I thought sounded a lot better live than on record.

Quote from: mickO))) on February 03, 2024, 01:39:55 PM
Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on February 01, 2024, 11:38:02 PMVolahn - Aq'Ab'Al. the best black metal album of the last 10 years.

The album is good but nothing special even some stuff from that circle like Stillbirth in the Temple of Venus is so much better. Such a shame Arizmenda have no clue how to release records and also refuse to let any label handle releases for them. Got to see Volahn live a few years ago and I thought sounded a lot better live than on record.

the Volahn release is unique. nothing sounds like it in the genre. Arizmenda have 3 releases since stillbirth. last one in 2022. you should check it out, Spiders Lust in the Dungeon's Dust.

#1398 February 03, 2024, 05:29:03 PM Last Edit: February 03, 2024, 05:42:11 PM by DeadGoon
*edit* It's apparently very hard to post properly when you're binned

Quote from: DeadGoon on February 03, 2024, 05:29:03 PMNot sure if controversial, just that In Somniphobia and Imaginary Sonicscape are held up as their best albums and I think this pisses all over them

Quote from: ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk on February 03, 2024, 04:32:37 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on February 03, 2024, 01:39:55 PM

the Volahn release is unique. nothing sounds like it in the genre. Arizmenda have 3 releases since stillbirth. last one in 2022. you should check it out, Spiders Lust in the Dungeon's Dust.

Yeah I know all the Arizmenda albums. The way the last one was released was a disgrace. €50 for a DLP and only a handful of copies made it to Europe for sale. Any of the people that sold it in the US would not ship to Europe now it is just another release going for stupid money on Discogs as if the original €50 price tag wasn't bad enough.

Quote from: DeadGoon on February 03, 2024, 05:39:09 PM
Quote from: DeadGoon on February 03, 2024, 05:29:03 PMNot sure if controversial, just that In Somniphobia and Imaginary Sonicscape are held up as their best albums and I think this pisses all over them

Choosing the worst Sigh album is like trying to pick which testicle to get removed. All are better than what most bands will output in their career. That said I'm with you on Imaginary Soniscape, probably my least favourite. Hail Horror Hail eclipses it almost entirely. So do Scorn Defeat and Infidel Art.

Just to add to controversy. The Napalm Death album Scum is some of the worst shit I've ever heard in my life. I also hate everything else Lee Dorian did vocals on, including Cathedral. I don't know anything about the guy personally but I hate his voice. I think Eddie Vedder is the only other vocalists that irks me enough to make the quality of the music behind him irrelevant.

Quote from: Don Gately on February 04, 2024, 03:13:02 PMI find Cathedral underwhelming

Same. The best thing Leo Smee ever did was form a prog funk band

Lee Dorian's groovy vocals are hard on the ear but I love his performance on Forest of Equilibrium.

Can't stand his barking on the early ND stuff at all.

I do enjoy Lee on the Cathedral stuff, but the ND era is definitely overhyped (FETO is class though).

The ND era is the best shit ever. "Mentally Murdered" in particular. Yis are all mental.