I had Onward on tape back in the day,rarely listened to it tbh.I only gave their latest one a spin the other day,pretty good!

I only have Onward. Zero interest in it which is odd as most of the DM bands I got into in the 00s had them as an influence.

Ah lads, both Onward and Nesphite are stone cold classics  :abbath:

Not arguing their status in the least. Just not into them.

I prefer Diabolical Conquest to Onward to Golgotha but I still think Onward is a classic.

I think Onward is savage, as is Diabolical.

I have Onward and another Incantation album of similar vintage whose name I can't remember. Absolutely could never get into either of them. I suppose that stuff just doesn't float my boat. However I remember seeing the band 10 or 12 years ago in a small venue and it was class. Less boring live maybe?

Incantation are great yiz bleedin' wimps

I agree. Maybe give Diabolical Conquest a lash if any of ye are in anyway on the fence.

The first 3 Incantation albums are some of the best Death Metal ever recorded.

Quote from: open face surgery on January 11, 2024, 07:34:30 PMI agree. Maybe give Diabolical Conquest a lash if any of ye are in anyway on the fence.

Played a bit of that one earlier, not bad but still didn't grab me. The vocals were a big step up from OTG anyway. Tried that again after and no, still not a fan.

Daniel Corchado from The Chasm is the vocalist on Diabolical Conquest, he has a very different style to Craig Pillard. I listened to it yesterday, it's a fucking beast of an album.
I must stick on Mortal Throne of Nazarene and The Forsaken Mourning of Angelic Anguish, they're both very good too but they never topped Diabolical Conquest.

I think part of Incantation's perception as being run of the mill is because of how much what they were doing has been aped since (often by bands not up to the mark too). 

I too had it on yesterday. Such a savage album. Corchado's bass tones are unbelievable. I presume he brought some of the speed into it as well.

I'd say you're on the money there Squigz. That why I wasn't too arsed with them in the mid 00s when all that other stuff was coming out.