The only good In Flames album is Clayman

Quote from: DeadGoon on January 13, 2024, 08:47:20 AMThe only good In Flames album is Clayman

I'll go one farther and say the only good song on Clayman is the Depeche Mode cover

Quote from: DeadGoon on January 13, 2024, 08:47:20 AMThe only good In Flames album is Clayman

That one wasn't on the CD Tommy Tighe sold me. Pretty good though in fairness.

Not very controversial.

The heavy metal comb over.

Long hair and perpetual hat combination due to having a Klingon hairline.

Tom G Warrior is the poster boy for this nonsense.

Lads stop FFS.

The only one who could pull off the skullet was Devin Townsend, it looked ridiculous which was why it was perfect for him. But even he gave up the ghost on it eventually, and for the best really.

On a similar note - moustaches. Stop it.

All jourgensen without the hat is another one

Mike Scalzi rocked the fuzzy baldy look too. I respect people who couldn't give a fuck about shaving it down to the bone.

Jaysus, now that is controversial  :abbath:

Cast in Stone is a solid Venom album

Yeah that wasn't a bad album at all, no probs with that
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: hellfire on January 18, 2024, 04:52:42 PMCast in Stone is a solid Venom album

Is that controversial? I think it's the only one I've heard

Quote from: KingHostile on January 17, 2024, 04:16:51 PMEmperor..... not great!

Mildly controversial I'd say, they're still very influential. I loved listening to Emperor when I started listening to Black Metal, but I can't remember the last time I had the urge to listen to it.

As a drummer, it's hard to ignore how impressive their musicianship is, but that's as far as it goes for me these days...

Quote from: hellfire on January 18, 2024, 04:52:42 PMCast in Stone is a solid Venom album
That's one of the good ones. I have an unexplainable soft spot for The Waste Lands with Tony Dolan. Always go back to it for a listen. It's not even a guilty pleasure from my youth. I downloaded it from a blog around 15 years ago.

It's a decent enough album, but I never gave it much time.