I disagree, and will continue to do so regardless of how many capital letters you use.
Its a fucking borefest.

I'm not convinced. The capitals almost had me convinced, I'll admit it, but no. On reflection, it remains a cLAsSIc.

:laugh:  :laugh:
We'll agree to disagree.
Happy new year anyway ya bastard.

And many happy returns tipped with the fires of hell.

Nonsense!
I'd put the Black Album ahead of everything they shat out after it.

There was literally no filtering or quality control process involved. It was as if they tried to include or make a song out of single shite riff that farted its way out of an amp.

Quote from: jobrok1 on January 01, 2024, 12:22:51 AMNonsense!
I'd put the Black Album ahead of everything they shat out after it.

There was literally no filtering or quality control process involved. It was as if they tried to include or make a song out of single shite riff that farted its way out of an amp.

The 2 Load albums have some of my absolute favourite Metallica songs on them. Both are also coherent albums. The problem they've had since going back to trying to record thrash albums is that the songs haven't been built around a coherent idea and dont flow naturally, they feel like a collection of random riffs stapled together and the arse dragged out of the run time.

The Black album... Played it to death for 2 years and have rarely returned to it since 93 or so. Whilst Rtl Mop and aAjfa particularly are regularly revisited.. It hasn't aged well. Load is OK reload isn't everything else pants. Happy new year lads

Fuckin mental talk. The Black Album is one of the best albums ever released across all genres. The songs are incredibly memorable and catchy, its a monument for heavy rock/heavy metal and a great starting point for anyone first getting into metal because it has such an incredible scope in the way of crossover appeal for anyone. a bona fide classic and one of the best selling records of all time for a reason. IT FUCKING RULES!

Also, while I am at it, being the thread for it I guess. I think all the Metallica albums are great. I know Load fucking inside out. Until It Sleeps, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn are among my most listened to songs ever. The opening seconds/riff of The Thorn Within (a song that never seems to be mentioned) also has haunted me since the late 90s. I could never understand how anyone that I knew who liked Metallica were post black album haters, just because it was more rock, when these people I knew were also rock music fans, into bands like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden etc...so wtf is the problem then?

I honestly think after they released And Justice that they HAD to do something different, because as much as I love them to this day, I think its as far as they were/are able to progress musically. I think this is fairly obvious because And Justice remains their most progressive album with the most complex songs I doubt they will ever top now.

I even fucking like St. Anger. But I think the only thing the band ever did wrong was let it go out sounding like it does. Its just unfathomable anyone other than Lars himself could have thought the drums were in anyway sounding good like. it's astonishing really it happened. and even as a die hard fan of the band, I cannot believe that he has such a stubborn ego that he has refused to release an official remaster of the album. Honestly like they really need to release an official remaster of St. Anger that fixes the drums as well as an official remaster of And Justice that fixes the bass.

Whatever. Metallica rule and fuck off
Happy new year bastards

Quote from: Danny on January 01, 2024, 03:12:58 AMFuckin mental talk. The Black Album is one of the best albums ever released across all genres. The songs are incredibly memorable and catchy, its a monument for heavy rock/heavy metal and a great starting point for anyone first getting into metal because it has such an incredible scope in the way of crossover appeal for anyone. a bona fide classic and one of the best selling records of all time for a reason. IT FUCKING RULES!

Also, while I am at it, being the thread for it I guess. I think all the Metallica albums are great. I know Load fucking inside out. Until It Sleeps, Bleeding Me, The Outlaw Torn are among my most listened to songs ever. The opening seconds/riff of The Thorn Within (a song that never seems to be mentioned) also has haunted me since the late 90s. I could never understand how anyone that I knew who liked Metallica were post black album haters, just because it was more rock, when these people I knew were also rock music fans, into bands like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden etc...so wtf is the problem then?

I honestly think after they released And Justice that they HAD to do something different, because as much as I love them to this day, I think its as far as they were/are able to progress musically. I think this is fairly obvious because And Justice remains their most progressive album with the most complex songs I doubt they will ever top now.

I even fucking like St. Anger. But I think the only thing the band ever did wrong was let it go out sounding like it does. Its just unfathomable anyone other than Lars himself could have thought the drums were in anyway sounding good like. it's astonishing really it happened. and even as a die hard fan of the band, I cannot believe that he has such a stubborn ego that he has refused to release an official remaster of the album. Honestly like they really need to release an official remaster of St. Anger that fixes the drums as well as an official remaster of And Justice that fixes the bass.

Whatever. Metallica rule and fuck off
Happy new year bastards

Re. -  "I think all the Metallica albums are great".
Lulu lad, fucking Lulu.

Well as I just said in the other thread, Lulu is not a Metallica album, it's a Lou Reed album so I judge it as such. But yeah I do agree it's mostly wank. but at the same time I'm not a Lou Reed fan and don't really "get" his work, so whatever.

Now if they did a Tom Waits & Metallica record, or like Morrissey & Metallica, that just might be fucking epic.

Bar a couple of songs I've always found Emperor a bit shit.