I can live better with a metaller flat out not liking Megadeth than I can with someone who only likes half of RiP  :laugh:  :abbath:

Between The Buried and Me are more metal than most bands.

That's like saying vaginas are more masculine than most dicks.

Quote from: open face surgery on October 30, 2023, 11:31:20 PMThat's like saying vaginas are more masculine than most dicks.

Graham Linehan is trying to come to terms with this in a corner somewhere

Dunno how controversial this is really,but Samhain is Danzig's best band

I've only heard the one Samhain album (November Coming Fire) and it was shite, so I'd have to disagree. But I prefer the first 3 Danzig albums to any Misfits, dunno if that's controversial or not.

Ah lads completely different bands. Misfits are fantastic and Danzigs first 4 imo are also great. Even though perhaps controversially Danzig 1 is the weakest.

All Danzig stuff is brilliant. Static Age is a desert island disc for sure.

While we're on The Misfits, the Michael Graves era is my favourite of theirs.

Even though I have every cd, are Tool possibly up their own polyrythm hole with about 3-4 good tunes in reality?

Quote from: The Heretic on November 09, 2023, 06:48:04 AMEven though I have every cd, are Tool possibly up their own polyrythm hole with about 3-4 good tunes in reality?

YES!

Static age by the misfits rocks, the collections 1 and 2 are desert island discs defo.
First 4 Danzig album are pretty good, Danzig 4 has some brilliant moments and I always liked the darkness of "....how the gods kill", Danzig 2 and 3 are probably the best, the first one does have "Twist of Cain" and "Mother" on it, both heavy on the MTV play list for quite a while.

Quote from: The Heretic on November 09, 2023, 06:48:04 AMEven though I have every cd, are Tool possibly up their own polyrythm hole with about 3-4 good tunes in reality?

This isn't controversial!
It's just a fact.

I always find a full album of theirs a bit of a slog to get through, but can happily listen to all the individual songs as one offs. Although the stuff I  checked out from the last album sounded pretty indistinguishable from the two before it

I would agree with that except for Ænima which is a whopper of an album. Maybe you could ditch some of the interludes but I can live with them too.

I gave Undertow a spin for the first time in years recently, enjoyed it more than ever. The last one was complete dogshit though, and the previous one was no great shakes either. I think they've just bought into their own hype at this stage, throw out any old shite every decade or so, knowing it'll be lapped up.