Fear inoculum is a very sttong album. 10,000 days is boring, Lareralus and Aemina are great. Undertow good.

The "Tool fan" is a tired, exaggerated trope, like crossfitters or vegans being incapable of announcing themselves. Sure, some are annoying, most aren't, no worse than fans of any other thing.

Glenroe fans are the worst. Oh really, Miley's affair with Imelda ties back to the Fibbonaci Sequence? How fascinating... YAWN!

Fear Inoculum is so laughably shit. I felt like I was living in a parallel crazy universe when it came out and everyone was falling over themselves to praise it.

Anyways, Aenima is the one for me that I'll always end up returning to, but I like them all well enough - Fear Innoculum didn't really hit for me enough to ever go back to it much.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on November 10, 2023, 03:01:47 PMFear Inoculum is so laughably shit. I felt like I was living in a parallel crazy universe when it came out and everyone was falling over themselves to praise it.

Yep. Sounds like a Dealz version of Lateralus.

I will always love Aenemia and Lateralus (and that cover they did of No Quarter), but Tool have to be one of the most overrated bands to ever exist.

#1251 November 10, 2023, 07:09:41 PM Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 07:11:24 PM by Pagan Saviour
QuoteFear Inoculum is so laughably shit. I felt like I was living in a parallel crazy universe when it came out and everyone was falling over themselves to praise it.

I got slaughtered last time I gave out about Tool fans but this is partially what I'm talking about. No question about it Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus are classics but there's a sizeable cohort out there that think the band can do no wrong.

There's a lad in work that epitomises this. Only listens to Tool or any of Maynards projects and they're the only bands he'll go see. Infuriating trying to have a music conversation with him as everything gets referenced against Tool.

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on November 10, 2023, 07:09:41 PM
QuoteFear Inoculum is so laughably shit. I felt like I was living in a parallel crazy universe when it came out and everyone was falling over themselves to praise it.

I got slaughtered last time I gave out about Tool fans but this is partially what I'm talking about. No question about it Undertow, Aenima and Lateralus are classics but there's a sizeable cohort out there that think the band can do no wrong.

There's a lad in work that epitomises this. Only listens to Tool or any of Maynards projects and they're the only bands he'll go see. Infuriating trying to have a music conversation with him as everything gets referenced against Tool.

Have you ever been to the Tool subreddit? Holy fucking shit, those lads and lassies are so far up their own hole they must tickle their own tonsils.

Show was fantastic last year my concert of the year, and I had never listened to Fear Inoculum before the gig. It's great. And I'm not a massive Tool fan at all.

Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on November 10, 2023, 03:01:47 PMFear Inoculum is so laughably shit. I felt like I was living in a parallel crazy universe when it came out and everyone was falling over themselves to praise it.

I was one of those praising it to high heaven and I still think the first 4 songs are very good but the last 3 are shit now that enough time has passed. The last song especially sounds like they recorded it in a different session altogether and had fuck all else left so tacked it on to cobble together enough minutes to release something. It's about equal to 10000 days, which has always left me a bit flat too. First 3 albums are where it's at for them.

Also the mere mention of the Tool reddit makes me want to claw my eyes out

Quote from: Don Gately on November 11, 2023, 08:56:56 PMShow was fantastic last year my concert of the year, and I had never listened to Fear Inoculum before the gig. It's great. And I'm not a massive Tool fan at all.

Agreed, great show in Dublin, saw them a week later in Antwerp (Sportpaleis Arena), crowd were way more sedate. The Fear Inoculum songs hold up great live. Probably the biggest fear with a new album is what songs will get dropped from the setlist to make way for the new ones.   

He never got acquainted with his TooL

He's a secret fan of tool. I've seen him on the dance floor.

I never got into them. I remember seeing their music videos in the 90s and thinking those were amazing.