Rust in Peace and Reign in Blood are both shite... Is this a metal forum?

TBH I'd rate Rust In Peace below every other Megadeth record prior to Risk.

Youthanasia destroys it on every level in terms of song writing and depth.

Quote from: Cosmic_Equilibrium on October 23, 2023, 08:55:40 PMTBH I'd rate Rust In Peace below every other Megadeth record prior to Risk.

I love Youthanasia - Mustaine's vocals are the best on that album compared to any other. Esp coming off the last album Countdown, which he ruins plenty of songs with his delivery (Sweating Bullets, psychotron etc).

Master of Puppets is a boring album.   Battery and Master are great but after that I completely lose interest.   I've even renamed the 3rd track to "The Song That Should Not Be"

Half of yiz are either deaf or off yizzer heads.

Slating Reign In Blood, Rust In Peace and Master Of Puppets.... mental carry on

#1190 October 23, 2023, 09:35:45 PM Last Edit: October 24, 2023, 04:03:12 AM by Paul keohane
Fellas hitting the crack pipe hard today!

Quote from: ldj on October 23, 2023, 01:28:45 AM
Quote from: nukeabuse on October 22, 2023, 11:35:43 PM
Quote from: Don Gately on October 22, 2023, 07:15:51 PMYes had it on today in the car. It's fantastic, AA averil had a recent podcast talking about it and it's legacy. Peace Sells, Reign, Puppets for me are the best albums of those bands careers.
The Legacy and Among the living the following year also. Not sure about Exodus I wouldn't be a big fan

Peace sells has a couple of songs better than anything on rust in peace but RIP is a better overall album
The shite cover songs on their first three albums always put a dent in any Megadeth vs Metallica/Slayer argument for me, really poor decision imo. Though My Last Words is probably my favourite Megadeth song.

My Last Words and Good Mourning Black Friday are the two best Megadeth songs, rest of the album is just ok

Quote from: Anvil on October 23, 2023, 09:14:18 PMMaster of Puppets is a boring album.   Battery and Master are great but after that I completely lose interest.   I've even renamed the 3rd track to "The Song That Should Not Be"

Careful now...

#1193 October 23, 2023, 11:14:25 PM Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 11:27:46 PM by Thorn
I'm going to have to stop looking at this thread, there's things being said here would have you burned at the stake in times gone by, utter heresy! Reign In Blood is the apex predator of the Metal world.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Since we're on about the Big Five, Six, whatever.
Best Slayer song is Ghost of War. I'd have South of Heaven slightly above Reign in Blood.
Peace Sells, So Far... and Rust are far better than everything else Megadave did.
Spreading the Disease just edges out ATL for Anthrax's finest moment.
The only things wrong with Force of Habit are the two cover versions and the artwork.

The Thing That Should Not Be is my favorite Metallica song.

Quote from: Cosmic_Equilibrium on October 23, 2023, 08:55:40 PMTBH I'd rate Rust In Peace below every other Megadeth record prior to Risk.

Halls are being built for you to leave.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 23, 2023, 11:45:01 PMThe Thing That Should Not Be is my favorite Metallica song.

Not quite my favorite Metallica song, but my favorite Hammett solo.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 23, 2023, 11:45:01 PMThe Thing That Should Not Be is my favorite Metallica song.

Mine too. It's also the song that got me into metal.

SFSGSW, Peace Sells, Rust In Peace and Youthanasia are all killer albums...the cover songs are pointless as fuck but sure look.

Even after 25 years + listening to RIP I never get bored of the 'hits' like  Holy Wars and Hangar 18.

Never took to Countdown and KIMB as much.

Can't believe the comments on Reign In Blood..Jesus  :laugh: Everything up to and including South Of Heaven is perfect and even though I don't listen to Seasons as much I still love it from my youth. Seeing the video for Seasons on headbangers ball for the first time will always be a lasting memory for me.

Never got into Anthrax, Exodus..always thought they were too goofy.  Overkill another that never clicked with me.