Decade Of Agression is all ya really need with Slayer. Great live album, and like a "best of"

#1141 October 20, 2023, 07:39:21 PM Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 10:12:25 PM by Mooncat

Live Undead, lads.

Everything from Haunting to Hell Awaits for me. After that I rarely listen.

Quote from: Don Gately on October 21, 2023, 10:00:36 PMAh... REIGN I BLOOD?

3/5. One dimensional and, while undeniably excellent and ruthlessly brutal in its execution - there's no let up, it's very limited in terms of dynamics and just an excercise in speed and repetition.

Not even in Slayer's top 3.

Nonsense. 5/5 album. A lean, mean, Killing machine.

Quote from: Carnage on October 22, 2023, 01:42:57 AM
Quote from: Don Gately on October 21, 2023, 10:00:36 PMAh... REIGN I BLOOD?

3/5. One dimensional and, while undeniably excellent and ruthlessly brutal in its execution - there's no let up, it's very limited in terms of dynamics and just an excercise in speed and repetition.

Not even in Slayer's top 3.

Would it even make the top three thrash albums released that year? Kreator, Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault and Metallica would surely rank ahead of RIB. Could never understand why Show No Mercy isn't considered their greatest work. So many classics on one album.

These Slayer opinions are relentlessly fucking mental. Truly controversial.

Show No Mercy is absolutely class, just played it last night. Pure NWOBHM worship (see also: Kill 'Em All), nice bit of Venom speed to it. Great stuff altogether.

Reign In Blood is not just SLAYER's best album but easily one of the best metal albums overall ever.

Yes had it on today in the car. It's fantastic, AA averil had a recent podcast talking about it and it's legacy. Peace Sells, Reign, Puppets for me are the best albums of those bands careers.
The Legacy and Among the living the following year also. Not sure about Exodus I wouldn't be a big fan

Quotethrash albums released that year? Kreator, Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault

Drug talk. None of those bands are in the same league. Not to mention Reign in Blood's long lasting influence.

Quote from: Don Gately on October 22, 2023, 07:15:51 PMYes had it on today in the car. It's fantastic, AA averil had a recent podcast talking about it and it's legacy. Peace Sells, Reign, Puppets for me are the best albums of those bands careers.
The Legacy and Among the living the following year also. Not sure about Exodus I wouldn't be a big fan

Peace sells has a couple of songs better than anything on rust in peace but RIP is a better overall album

Quote from: Pagan Saviour on October 22, 2023, 08:29:45 PM
Quotethrash albums released that year? Kreator, Dark Angel, Nuclear Assault

Drug talk. None of those bands are in the same league. Not to mention Reign in Blood's long lasting influence.

Pleasure to Kill, Game Over and especially Darkness Descends all have a ferocity that puts Reign in Blood in the ha'penny place. Obviously Slayer proved way more influential in the long run but if I'm taking any of those thrash classics at face value I'd have each and every one ahead of Reign in Blood. Master of Puppets too.