Stage set in the SFX was brilliant, MTV Head Bangers Ball in Belfast the following night was class as well (Broadcast the following weekend).

Weirdly I always think it mad that Slayer where in Connolly station, King had this cool leather jacket on, getting the train just like I do! weird, made them so accessible!

Quote from: Circlepit on October 17, 2023, 08:42:09 AMKing might go out as KK's Slayer or something. That wouldn't surprise me.

Apparently King registered BLOOD REIGN a while ago, https://metaladdicts.com/kerry-kings-new-band-is-called-blood-reign/

I don't get all the hate for the last few SLAYER albums. I think they are deadly. Christ Illusion I think is better than World Painted or Repentless.

Quote from: KingHostile on October 17, 2023, 08:34:16 AMI doubt Exodus will be able to play their last album live it was that 'produced'.

Oh? I saw Exodus last year, and they played a few songs from Persona, and they sounded fine.

Ok Mower Man, I am 100% ok with being proved wrong on that one.

:laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: Danny on October 17, 2023, 05:15:19 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on October 17, 2023, 08:42:09 AMKing might go out as KK's Slayer or something. That wouldn't surprise me.

Apparently King registered BLOOD REIGN a while ago, https://metaladdicts.com/kerry-kings-new-band-is-called-blood-reign/

I don't get all the hate for the last few SLAYER albums. I think they are deadly. Christ Illusion I think is better than World Painted or Repentless.
I'd agree, I like both Christ Illusion and World Painted Blood. Wpb has a dark vibe to it

I love the title track of World Painted Blood, the rhythm of it is great. Production is a bit weak on it though.

And now for the controversial bit, Divine Intervention is Slayers second best album (Hell Awaits being number 1). Reign, South and Seasons are all rightful classics but there's something magic about Divine Intervention that keeps me going back to it, perhaps because it's the darkest the riffs have been since Hell Awaits.

Not quite second, but DI has always been my third favourite Slayer album (after RiB and SitA)

South Of Heaven is their best for me, nocontest. Reign In Blood I'd have at no. 4, Divine Intervention at 5 (joint second are Show No Mercy and Seasons In The Abyss). Always thought Hell Awaits was shite, apart from the title track.

Divine Intervention is the last one worth bothering with, though.

You think GoatPenis is awful but then you can't understand the hate for the last few Slayer albums? GP shits all over anything Slayer released post 94.

It is the controversial opinions thread I suppose - I can't get into Slayer at all.  I tried a few times with different albums but none of it ever really did the trick for me beyond a couple of songs here and there.  It's not an active dislike by any means but just can't understand the popularity of it.

Quote from: Born of Fire on October 18, 2023, 02:40:15 PMAnd now for the controversial bit, Divine Intervention is Slayers second best album (Hell Awaits being number 1). Reign, South and Seasons are all rightful classics but there's something magic about Divine Intervention that keeps me going back to it, perhaps because it's the darkest the riffs have been since Hell Awaits.

Wholeheartedly agree - just something magical about those 2 albums in particular. Hell Awaits is like when Slayer truly began - pure evil thrash, and Divine Intervention is when the classic era ended - I love the first 6 records, but something about the music and concepts on both those albums that sets them higher in my estimation than Reign, South or Seasons.

It's a shame Divine Intervention is so overlooked, it's equally as good as the preceding 4 classic records, and as Pagan Saviour said - an uncompromising and brutal record at a time when their peers were watering it down. I remember Kerry King at the time saying it was basically Reign in Blood part 2, but nobody cared. If he could channel that again, i'd be interested - but he's likely do go down the detuned crap route.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 18, 2023, 04:53:36 PM

You think GoatPenis is awful but then you can't understand the hate for the last few Slayer albums? GP shits all over anything Slayer released post 94.

Dude, their music is unlistenable to me. SLAYER is my 2nd fav band ever. Even if fucking GOATPENIS were a deadly band, I couldn't take them seriously with such a stupid fucking name, unless they had an incredible sense of tongue in cheek humor, kinda like a Municipal Waste or Gama Bomb...but something tells me that is not the case here.

Cmon like even Goatdick, Goatcock, Goatcunt, Goatflaps or fuckin GOATSLAYER were better options for the craic, but no they went with fuckin GoatPENIS! lol  ;D

Goatpenis is a great name, as is Goatsemen.

Goatsemen I'll give you, it could work. Goatflaps should strongly be considered for a brutal death metal band, it has a nice ring to it!