That is absolute shite, how do they take it seriously? and Why is it these style of bands kind of look like hardcore gangster rappers? Do you even riff, bro?

The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner is the best track on Somewhere in Time. 

'Stranger..' has a nostalgic value for me as the first Maiden song I ever heard but  objectively I'd agree with you. Mind you, what an album all round..
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I've leaned toward Deja Vu in recent years.

Yeah Deja Vu for me too, still crazy to me that they're not playing it on the SIT tour. I reckon Stranger in a Strange Land is the worst song on the album  ???

For me, Alexander is the best song on SIT, but Runner is a very close second.

"Psychopathy Red" is one of Slayer's best songs. A short, sharp, New Rock to the bollox. Chef's kiss  :abbath:

Quote from: Ducky on October 14, 2023, 12:05:34 AM"Psychopathy Red" is one of Slayer's best songs. A short, sharp, New Rock to the bollox. Chef's kiss  :abbath:

Agreed. World Painted Blood is a great album, better than anything else they released after Seasons in the Abyss.

"World Painted Blood" is indeed a great album and "Psychopathy in red" is a great song. The single artwork is brilliant.

Yep, with you there lads. That one should've been their last record. What Slayer are supposed to sound like.

Might have to given it another listen, at the time it just sounded like another album in the vein of God Hates Us All or Christ Illusion, don't think I've had it on again since it was released

Yep.. agree..love world painted blood..its aged well too only had it on first time in a while recently

#1093 October 16, 2023, 11:06:23 AM Last Edit: October 16, 2023, 01:21:37 PM by Pagan Saviour
QuoteMight have to given it another listen, at the time it just sounded like another album in the vein of God Hates Us All or Christ Illusion, don't think I've had it on again since it was released

Definitely not. Largely written by Hanneman/Araya and traditional tunings adopted - none of that down tuned shit that plagued Diabolus, Christ and God Hates.

Also one of Lombardo's finest performances with Slayer, listen to those fills in Unit 731

Same as what Trev said there, in fact I'm not even sure I've heard it in full, certainly didn't buy it. Will have to have a nosy
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes