Quote from: Danny on October 08, 2023, 02:47:46 PMHere's one, "WAR Metal" is a load of Bollox. BLASPHEMY and REVENGE are very possibly the 2 best and coolest most metal band names, but neither of these bands do shit for me. I'll add BEHERIT to that as well, they are even worse. Sloppy boring shite. Even the newer bands in this style like Diocletian I don't get. Teitanblood would be the only exception for me, they are actually an interesting listen.

Beherit and Blasphemy are good bands but both are very overrated especially Beherit. At least with Blasphemy nobody else was making music like they were in 1990.

Revenge were great until Pete Helmkamp left. They went from being one of my favourite bands to me still having not even bothered with the last EP or full length. Diocletian are great I am looking forward to the new album I hope Impurath is doing vocals again.

I listen to DDTM more often than FAOD so I disagree.

#1067 October 09, 2023, 04:11:44 AM Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 05:42:08 AM by Carnage
No.

What is war metal, this is the first time I've heard of it. Is it a black metal subgenre?

Conqueror, Revenge, Axis of Advance, Diocletian, Goatpenis etc. Bands that don't quite fit in neatly with either black metal or death metal, but draw from both genres, and usually have a militant lyrical and aesthetic approach. Lots of blast beats, noisy riffs (usually) and often a frenzied  barking approach to vocals rather than guttural or shrieking vocals. Often big breakdowns in their music.  Roughly that.

Right, thanks. After checking them out I've decided that war metal is not for me.

I put off listening to Goatpenis for years because of the name. Heard them eventually and loved them. A T-shirt purchase will never be on the cards.

Because of the goat or the penis?

I bought a t-shirt when Tom G did those Hellhammer gigs a few years ago. It was only the day after that I noticed the demon on the cover of Apocalyptic Raids has a fucken huge cock. Never spotted that before. Still, I'll be able to get my money back on ebay with it in mint condition in a few years, I suppose.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 09, 2023, 09:25:54 AMBecause of the goat or the penis?

I bought a t-shirt when Tom G did those Hellhammer gigs a few years ago. It was only the day after that I noticed the demon on the cover of Apocalyptic Raids has a fucken huge cock. Never spotted that before. Still, I'll be able to get my money back on ebay with it in mint condition in a few years, I suppose.

Won't lie. It was entirely the penis.

Quote from: hellfire on October 09, 2023, 09:56:12 AM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 09, 2023, 09:25:54 AMBecause of the goat or the penis?

Won't lie. It was entirely the penis. I literally only noticed the Hellhamer penis now. Jaysus they were certainly kind to the chap.

I saw them referred to as Go-at-penis a few years ago. I can't help but think of them that way ever since  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on October 09, 2023, 08:56:21 PMI saw them referred to as Go-at-penis a few years ago. I can't help but think of them that way ever since  :laugh:

:laugh: I'm like that with Strapping Young Lad ever since a lad back in the school days misspelled it on his bag and wondered why St.Raping Young Lad was so funny

:laugh:

SYL will forever be Raping Young Lads to me now.