Aye, I worked for a UK broadband company one summer in a call center and anyone that rang up to cancel were sent to the cancellation department that threw loads of goodies at them to stay.

Quote from: Ducky on August 25, 2020, 11:28:41 PM
Aye, I worked for a UK broadband company one summer in a call center and anyone that rang up to cancel were sent to the cancellation department that threw loads of goodies at them to stay.
I'm moving back to the house I bought with my ex wife soon and I decided to change from Pre-Pay Power (who've been supplying electricity to the house since they first came onto the market about 10 years ago) to Electric Ireland who I had at a previous house and found to be great.
PP Power reang me 3 or 4 times to keep my custom and I refused each time but on the final day of the cooling off period they offered me €300 credit to stay. Should have said that in the first place, lol...
Couldn't refuse €300..... :laugh:

Result! I guess they held back on it incase you're the type of person that'll stay if they ask nicely.

When I got back to college in September I was telling a few people about the joy of working in a call center. Then on our first class night out, one of the girls bought me a hape of drink as she heard what I said, rang her phone company to "cancel" and they gave her three months free.

Delighted, so she was :laugh:

Ah Wrighty's alright. Talks some spoof but a good guy. Loved him as a player. That Crystal Palace team with John Solako and Mark Bright was amazing

I never minded him as a player or anything and it isn't even anything in particular he says or does, it's just him. I even liked him a bit when he first turned pundit but he just got more annoying over the years and witnessing him on I'm a Celebrity.. finished me off.

Getting a cut on the sole of your foot.

Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2020, 12:09:15 PM
I never minded him as a player or anything and it isn't even anything in particular he says or does, it's just him. I even liked him a bit when he first turned pundit but he just got more annoying over the years and witnessing him on I'm a Celebrity.. finished me off.

You lost me at I'm a Celebrity..avoid that shit like the plague  :laugh:

Quote from: Pedrito on August 27, 2020, 03:21:52 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on August 27, 2020, 12:09:15 PM
t

You lost me at I'm a Celebrity..avoid that shit like the plague  :laugh:

Yeah I guess it's fair to say I only have myself to blame..

.. I still blame my wife though

This shit:

https://youtu.be/L53gjP-TtGE

Another song ruined (the King Crimson song obviously, not the rap shite) thanks to appearing in an ad.

Yoga..maybe this isn't a peeve. Used be lads with beards putting their feet around their heads. Now it's cracking birds with tight little gooches wearing absolutely nothing and pretending like they're not looking for wank-likes on Instagram. It's all very nice to look at, too bloody nice, but it's fairly absurd stuff too. 'Live your life' 'mediate' and all I can think about is camel toe heaven.

Sure what else would you meditate upon.

Therein lies the key. Snatch utopia

Quote from: Pedrito on August 27, 2020, 11:00:08 PM
camel toe heaven.

Was that White Zombie?

So, my saga of looking for a new deal with Virgin Media has begun in earnest. 2 hours on hold yesterday and several rounds of instant messaging later, they want to offer me a "deal", which is turning out much more expensive than what I have at the moment, but without the movies. Any advice or pre-prepared scripts I can hit them with?