Youtube adds they are just getting ridiculous. I know they are trying to force people to pay for premium but more and more I have videos stop during play to push more adds even though I already had to sit through one at the start.

I was watching a 10 minute video last week and 5.20 into the video it stopped for an add then 20 seconds before the end of the video it stopped for another add.

Does anyone know how to block these adds on a firestick?

Just noticed the number of ads on YouTube recently too, cat. It'd be one thing if they were old school and played at the start, but slapping them at random intervals during the video is more than shite.

I miss the halcyon days of browsing on PC with blockers up the wazoo.

And the way they stick two ads at the start of so many videos, where the first one is short, but if you're not quick enough to hit the Skip ads button, the second one is often a minute long and unskippable.

For any Android users YouTube Vanced is a godsend. Can play in the background and zero ads on videos.

Quote from: Born of Fire on August 19, 2020, 11:03:33 PM
For any Android users YouTube Vanced is a godsend. Can play in the background and zero ads on videos.

I just use the desktop youtube on android which you can play in the background.

I'm running this on my FireStick. Works fine and cuts the ads. Maybe a slight lag compared to the native YouTube app but otherwise fine. casting etc works too.

https://github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV

Cardi B - W.A.P (Wet Ass Pussy). Right, so that's where we are with pop music now.

She should be dropped from a bridge the skank.

Quote from: Pedrito on August 20, 2020, 12:48:55 PM
Or a more nuanced argument:

https://youtu.be/EdP9H60N2l8

What's the story with Russell Brand's clothes on his YouTube videos? He looks like Bruce Banner after regressing from Hulk form.

My good lady just sent me a pic of our tomato plants after last night's storm. Oh dear....

Quote from: Emphyrio on August 20, 2020, 12:21:20 PM
Cardi B - W.A.P (Wet Ass Pussy). Right, so that's where we are with pop music now.

Not so different to the Prince lyrics Tipper Gore was losing her shit over around 35 years ago.

#1858 August 20, 2020, 02:26:42 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 02:33:03 PM by Emphyrio
Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 20, 2020, 02:23:43 PM
Quote from: Emphyrio on August 20, 2020, 12:21:20 PM

Not so different to the Prince lyrics Tipper Gore was losing her shit over around 35 years ago.

Tipper Gore was a spastic. I'm not familiar with the Prince songs, however.

Except Prince wasn't being pushed to 10 year old girls