Quote from: The Heretic on July 19, 2020, 04:16:51 PM
The grieving that follows when one of your pets dies (....my dog)  :'(

Ah shit, I went through it this time last year as well. It sucks having to go through the process....dogs are fucking brilliant which is the reason why it hits harder. Take your time to grieve.

Quote from: Juggz on July 21, 2020, 08:20:18 AM
Quote from: Carnage on July 21, 2020, 03:26:20 AM
Being a Luddite.

Got a new blu ray player today. Picture's great but the audio has a delay, only slightly noticable through the TV's speakers but very prominent through the soundbar. No idea how to fix it, I have no know-how in this regard and googling the issue just sends me down rabbit holes of acronyms and technical terms that go right over my head. Frustrating, to the point of wanting to flog the lot and get the most basic set up available.
How is it all wired up? Are you going through the TV to get to the soundbar or direct from the blu ray player?

BR to TV via HDMI, TV to soundbar via optical cable.

JVC TV, LG soundbar & BR player.

There's presumably a workaround but it's beyond me.

Does the TV and soundbar support HDMI-ARC?

#1729 July 21, 2020, 06:39:44 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 06:43:04 PM by Ducky
Okay. Have a root around in your TV's sound settings (I've an LG TV myself so not entirely sure what the JVC menu is like).

There should be a setting called something like "AV Sync" or "AV Delay".

The delay is more than likely in TV to soundbar, as opposed to the Blu-ray player. Optical can be a bit finicky like that.

#1730 July 21, 2020, 06:59:31 PM Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 08:25:04 PM by Carnage
Can't find anything like that.

I switched the optical cable output from the TV directly to the BR player and it's fine that way, but that relegates the soundbar to use with the BR player only. The bluetooth option has a delay. There's a USB input on the soundbar, that might work with the TV, I dunno, I'll have to pick up a USB to USB lead.

Jack to jack works with the TV, but I'm stuck with it unless I pull it out, it kills the TV speakers. An optical splitter might be the way to go.

Apologies, this is in the wrong thread altogether.

That is a balls man.

Looks like you could go ye olde style and do a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable from the TV's headphone jack to the "portable in" port on the soundbar. Use that for watching TV (you won't lose much with a TV broadcast anyway) and have the optical cable directly from the Blu-ray for using that?

Sure you're grand, it's not like you're talking about Chic in the "now playing" thread :laugh:

Heaven forbid!

That's how I have it set up for the moment, but I've ordered a splitter and a couple of cables so I'll see how that goes when they arrive. Cheers for the advice anyway.

People who don't screw the cap back on to the tube of toothpaste when they are done with it. Just why? Why wouldn't you screw the cap back on straight after you squeeze the paste onto your toothbrush? Are they afraid they might brush a bit too hard and feel the need to have an open tube on standby? Why!?

They're precisely the same type of person that would leave a CD or record lying around without placing it back I to its case/sleeve.

Savages.

Quote from: Carnage on July 08, 2020, 11:57:46 PM
The latest good-song-ruined-by-a-shitty-limp-breathy-cover: Born To By Wild. Heard it on an ad, thankfully can't find it.

This shit:

https://youtu.be/VnAI0O4nSHo

CD in the post today, Anthrax: Spreading The Disease 30th Anniversary Edition. Grand. Except the second disc is the same as the first. Different label alright, but it's just the same 10 songs on it. Raging.

First world problems etc.

Years ago I bought Godflesh Songs of Love and Hate and the In Dub version. When they arrived, both boxes had the In Dub version in them and I was also fucking raging. I like it and all but fuck sake.

Funnily enough, the only time I ever bought a CD that didn't work properly was my second ever excursion to Dublin to buy CDs... Anthrax - Among the Living. Think it was on Island Records, no art on the disc, just text, golden disc.

It played, but the audio sounded like it was simultaneously coming from a shitty tape deck with so much hiss and the worst crackle you've ever heard on a record player.

It was only a fiver and I certainly wasn't spending the time or money to go back down to Dublin to replace it.

I also bought the Iced Earth - Dark Genesis box set with the mislabeled CDs (which isn't really a problem as all the content is there, just on incorrectly labeled discs. Apparently it's rare). Also bought a nice digipack of Dark Genesis one time and got home to find both discs of Days of Purgatory stuffed into it instead.

I think the only other times it's happened to me is with DVDs & Blu Rays - bought Blade Runner: The Final Cut on Blu Ray and it was a DVD in the box (I already had the 5-disc DVD boxset) and a Nine Inch Nails live double DVD but the second disc was a CD.