Folks in work that send emails that start with 'A gentle reminder....."! Fuck off!

Quote from: Juggz on July 20, 2020, 12:40:21 AM
Quote from: The Heretic on July 19, 2020, 04:16:51 PM
The grieving that follows when one of your pets dies (....my dog)  :'(
Awful, sorry to hear it

Thanks Juggz! Time will heal do doubt but at the moment its tough goin.....no more dogs for me after this I think.....the older you get the tougher it gets to bounce back I think...

Quote from: 101_North on July 20, 2020, 08:21:15 AM
Folks in work that send emails that start with 'A gentle reminder....."! Fuck off!

You should reply with "A Fistful of Metal"  :abbath:

Quote from: The Heretic on July 20, 2020, 09:55:58 AM
Quote from: Juggz on July 20, 2020, 12:40:21 AM
Quote from: The Heretic on July 19, 2020, 04:16:51 PM
The grieving that follows when one of your pets dies (....my dog)  :'(
Awful, sorry to hear it

Thanks Juggz! Time will heal do doubt but at the moment its tough goin.....no more dogs for me after this I think.....the older you get the tougher it gets to bounce back I think...

Aww man that fucking sucks. Doggos are such good companions. I only ever had one, he lived for 18 years and I haven't been able to bring myself to welcome a new one.

Someone isn't doing the needful.

Quote from: Juggz on July 20, 2020, 11:30:38 AM
Someone isn't doing the needful.

There is that  :laugh:

Just picked up an order from Parcel Motel and the packaging is all torn open, fuck sake

Being a Luddite.

Got a new blu ray player today. Picture's great but the audio has a delay, only slightly noticable through the TV's speakers but very prominent through the soundbar. No idea how to fix it, I have no know-how in this regard and googling the issue just sends me down rabbit holes of acronyms and technical terms that go right over my head. Frustrating, to the point of wanting to flog the lot and get the most basic set up available.

You should try turning it off and on again.

Lol.......

Quote from: Carnage on July 21, 2020, 03:26:20 AM
Being a Luddite.

Got a new blu ray player today. Picture's great but the audio has a delay, only slightly noticable through the TV's speakers but very prominent through the soundbar. No idea how to fix it, I have no know-how in this regard and googling the issue just sends me down rabbit holes of acronyms and technical terms that go right over my head. Frustrating, to the point of wanting to flog the lot and get the most basic set up available.
How is it all wired up? Are you going through the TV to get to the soundbar or direct from the blu ray player?

Quote from: Carnage on July 21, 2020, 03:26:20 AM
Being a Luddite.

Is it a Sony unit by any chance?

Parents these days! Staying with my in-laws for a wee bit at the moment, working away from home type deal for me, supposedly a bit of a break for the missus having a hand with our wee lad who's just shy of a year old. Last couple of days two of his nephews were around, both of them 8, both of them the most undisciplined, tantrum throwing brats you could imagine; parenting limited to, "Don't do that." "Don't do that." "How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" "Don't do that.", and so on ad infinitum. All the while these snivelers are left to stay, unpunished and completely dominating whatever activity is happening with their demands and interminable whining only interspersed by screaming, object throwing tantrums. So, yesterday, one of them picks up my lad, who's already more than half his size, off the ground while standing on a stone floor. As countless times before, we take the baby off him and tell him he can only hold him if he's sitting down on the couch and one of the adults is around. Two minutes later, in a flight of hyperactivity, he swoops him off the ground again, this time while moving forward with my kid in the furthest thing removed from a secure hold you could imagine, still on this stone floor my in-laws have all round the house. Seeing this, the very limited Spanish I have just sprang out of my mouth in a very sharp, "Marcos, DON'T pick him up!" We took the baby back, the nephew stormed off crying in a sulk, I went back to work, and later on I get reprimanded for upsetting his mother, my sister-in-law!

Spanish Mammies are often extremely indulgent and overprotective. It's not always the case, but you wouldn't believe the shite I've listened to over the last 5 years as a secondary school teacher. One mother, after I rang her up to have a meeting about her insufferable motor mouth of a daughter, said to me - 'maybe in your country you don't speak much, here in Spain we like to talk, maybe you need to learn to adapt'.

FUCK OFF AND BACK ME UP YA SPA.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 21, 2020, 10:24:41 AM
Parents these days! Staying with my in-laws for a wee bit at the moment, working away from home type deal for me, supposedly a bit of a break for the missus having a hand with our wee lad who's just shy of a year old. Last couple of days two of his nephews were around, both of them 8, both of them the most undisciplined, tantrum throwing brats you could imagine; parenting limited to, "Don't do that." "Don't do that." "How many times do I have to tell you not to do that?" "Don't do that.", and so on ad infinitum. All the while these snivelers are left to stay, unpunished and completely dominating whatever activity is happening with their demands and interminable whining only interspersed by screaming, object throwing tantrums. So, yesterday, one of them picks up my lad, who's already more than half his size, off the ground while standing on a stone floor. As countless times before, we take the baby off him and tell him he can only hold him if he's sitting down on the couch and one of the adults is around. Two minutes later, in a flight of hyperactivity, he swoops him off the ground again, this time while moving forward with my kid in the furthest thing removed from a secure hold you could imagine, still on this stone floor my in-laws have all round the house. Seeing this, the very limited Spanish I have just sprang out of my mouth in a very sharp, "Marcos, DON'T pick him up!" We took the baby back, the nephew stormed off crying in a sulk, I went back to work, and later on I get reprimanded for upsetting his mother, my sister-in-law!

Other people's kids can either be a delight or a goddamn nuisance. My two siblings seem to have raised good ones so far, thankfully, so no mass hysteria/hyperactive bullshit usually happens.

My experience with Spanish kids is limited to the students that come over every summer and I can't fucking stand the ignorant shits, but now I know just to blame the parents