Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 27, 2020, 05:28:32 PM
There is an ad on RTE for House of the Year and the bald dude with the scarf goes, 'I love the final. It's like the culmination of everything this competition is all about'.

Nowhere near as patronising as RTE's latest license fee ad. "just part of the terms and conditions of living in Ireland." I don't recall signing such a contract.

The term "Hump Day".

At first, I was intrigued.... But then rapidly disapppinted to discover that it's nowhere near as sexy as it sounds. Or maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

This morning I found out there are bands that release their albums on floppy disc.

John Waters, Gemma O'Doherty and their People's Front of Judea-lite following.

Never before in my life have I wanted the cops to have the authority to baton charge someone.

Quote from: mickO))) on April 25, 2020, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: Ducky on April 25, 2020, 01:11:37 PM
The amount of people going around with face masks over their mouths but deliberately leaving their noses exposed. And of course they're breathing though their noses. Fucking dopes.

The vast majority don't even realize that the masks only stop them from spreading it if they have it, it doesn't stop them from getting it. If most of the people wearing masks knew this then they wouldn't bother with them.

I am in Spain and if I DON'T wear one of these fucking things out in public I can get a 600 + € fine by the cops, no joke. I have objected to the idea of wearing one for the longest time but it's either looking like a dick or getting a fine.

600? I have a mask but I always forget to wear it going to the supermarket. I would say it's 50/50 people wearing/not wearing one, at least around my bit. Took a good few weeks to even get them. The bird had to watch some tutorial about how to wear a mask whilst wearing glasses. I didn't realise it was that complicated!

I'm not into memes but one of the lads sent one of Evander Holyfield and his failed attempt to wear a mask   :laugh:

Quote from: Emphyrio on April 29, 2020, 10:37:52 AM
I'm not into memes but one of the lads sent one of Evander Holyfield and his failed attempt to wear a mask   :laugh:
Or maybe Mike Tyson even?

Well, holyfield after Tyson bit his ear off.

Quote from: Emphyrio on April 29, 2020, 01:52:02 PM
Well, holyfield after Tyson bit his ear off.
:laugh: Forgot about that....  :laugh:

#1390 April 29, 2020, 05:56:45 PM Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 06:16:34 PM by Carnage
Real first world one, but: Got the new debit card in the post today, I've spent the day changing it on whatever sites it's used with (Netflix, Amazon, Paypal, etc.) but I'm sure I've missed something. Wrecking my head, I've that little to do at the moment.

Quote from: leatherface on April 29, 2020, 10:23:42 AM
Quote from: mickO))) on April 25, 2020, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: Ducky on April 25, 2020, 01:11:37 PM
The amount of people going around with face masks over their mouths but deliberately leaving their noses exposed. And of course they're breathing though their noses. Fucking dopes.

The vast majority don't even realize that the masks only stop them from spreading it if they have it, it doesn't stop them from getting it. If most of the people wearing masks knew this then they wouldn't bother with them.

I am in Spain and if I DON'T wear one of these fucking things out in public I can get a 600 + € fine by the cops, no joke. I have objected to the idea of wearing one for the longest time but it's either looking like a dick or getting a fine.

Yes it's the same in LA as well as the mayor of LA offering people cash payments who snitch on others for not keeping distance. In Canada as well you are not allowed onto any flight if you don't have a mask on. Of course they refuse to provide masks for people and masks have been more or less impossible to get since January. The solution they give is make your own - fuck off if you going to enforce something like this you need to provide people with masks at the very least.

Quote from: Carnage on April 29, 2020, 05:56:45 PM
Real first world one, but: Got the new debit card in the post tiday, I've spent the day changing it on whatever sites it's used with (Netflix, Amazon, Paypal, etc.) but I'm sure I've missed something. Wrecking my head, I've that little to do at the moment.

Man, that's a bollox. I used know my old card's details but the card was remembered on most necessary sites anyway. Since I got the new one, I'm asked on plenty of sites to fill in the new card details, even though I've them already save on those sites. Invariably my wallet is upstairs or something when I've to fill in the details again and constantly mix up my debit and credit card 3 digit yokey.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on April 29, 2020, 10:30:53 AM
600? I have a mask but I always forget to wear it going to the supermarket. I would say it's 50/50 people wearing/not wearing one, at least around my bit. Took a good few weeks to even get them. The bird had to watch some tutorial about how to wear a mask whilst wearing glasses. I didn't realise it was that complicated!

I have been stopped twice by national police asking me where I  was going, this was before I wore 'the mask' though. They let me off thankfully.  I have seen them fine plenty of people around my neighbourhood- though it's a bit of a dodgy neighbourhood so they are always around in fairness.

Yeah, the fine is 600 euro if they don't think you are out for any good reason and/or  if you are not wearing a mask. Just trying to avoid problems :-\

Quote from: leatherface on April 29, 2020, 08:12:24 PM
Quote from: Caomhaoin on April 29, 2020, 10:30:53 AM

I have been stopped twice by national police asking me where I  was going (I was just going to a shop a few yards from my apt), this was before I wore 'the mask' though. They let me off thankfully.  I have seen them fine plenty of people around my neighbourhood- though it's a bit of a dodgy neighbourhood so they are always around in fairness.

Yeah, the fine is 600 euro if they don't think you are out for any good reason and/or  if you are not wearing a mask. Just trying to avoid problems :-\