Everything is a cunt.

Quote from: Ducky on October 15, 2024, 03:36:21 PMBoarding the bus home at lunch with your ear buds charging case, then realising when you get home that you very much don't have said case in your possession anymore.

I think you can buy replacement cases depending on what brand you have.

Nowhere near as bad but very annoying when you are ready to head out somewhere so, you take the earphones out of the case only to discover both the earphones and the charging case are dead. Every time this happens I don't have time to wait for them to charge. They should have some sort of battery life indicator on the outside of the case. 

Wireless headphones are a cunt of a thing. Hate them.

#6273 October 16, 2024, 08:58:56 PM Last Edit: October 16, 2024, 11:00:27 PM by Carnage
I'd be lost without mine, the odd time that they've been dead and I have to slum it with in-ear wired ones is a pain in the arse.

Wired or wireless all good. In ear can fuck off.

Quote from: Ollkiller on October 16, 2024, 09:26:38 PMWired or wireless all good. In ear can fuck off.

We are the same now, see

Quote from: Ollkiller on October 16, 2024, 09:26:38 PMWired or wireless all good. In ear can fuck off.
Yeah absolutely I fuckin hate them

Quote from: Carnage on October 15, 2024, 04:55:06 PMThat's a major kick in the balls. Do you need the case to charge them or is there a back up method?

Got a book in the post today, the parcel left on the doorstep, soaked through by the time I got home (4-ish). Mighty.

Need the case, unfortunately. Not a total bust in the sense that I do have an older pair (Jabra) that I bought a few years ago (completely different cases, mind) and they're now out of retirement. They're in decent condition as the only reason these ones (Samsung) took over is they came free with my phone and were more comfortable.

The Samsung ones have better connectivity to my phone (which is also Samsung), and fit neatly under a hat during winter,.but the Jabras have the advantage of better battery life (on both the buds and case), a more robust app (that actually fucking tells you the case's percentage), and physical buttons you can map a selection of functions to.

Quote from: mickO))) on October 16, 2024, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: Ducky on October 15, 2024, 03:36:21 PMBoarding the bus home at lunch with your ear buds charging case, then realising when you get home that you very much don't have said case in your possession anymore.

I think you can buy replacement cases depending on what brand you have.

Nowhere near as bad but very annoying when you are ready to head out somewhere so, you take the earphones out of the case only to discover both the earphones and the charging case are dead. Every time this happens I don't have time to wait for them to charge. They should have some sort of battery life indicator on the outside of the case.

Can't find an official Samsung case. Might be able to get a third party one, but haven't had a gawk yet. Have to call to Bus Eireann tomorrow when I get a chance to see if it turned up, but anticipating an apathetic shrug.

That was one of my ultimate peeves about these ones - no obvious way to see the case's battery life! I had installed a widget that could communicate it, but only just as you popped it open, so I'd still occasionally leg it out the door with a flat case.

Used to despise in-ear, but got a pair years ago with a Sony phone that were tolerable. Since then I've been okay with them but I'd only use them for the half hour walk into town, or the bus up home if there's noisy fecks on it.

The convenience factor is hard beat, especially when going on a night out. Can still have the tunes on the walk into town, and sure you wouldn't know the things are in your pocket the rest of the night.

Use my Sony XM3 overear noise cancelling all the time at home. They're fucking mighty for doing hoovering, dishes,. laundry. Can buzz about with no cable and you don't even hear most of the stuff you're doing. Sure I've even get dressed, made breakfast, brush me teeth all with these yokes on me head.

That said, my preferred headphones are still the posh Sennheiser open back hifi ones I got for my 30th birthday. Recabled them recently and they're good as new. Plonk down in front of the hifi with them on and life is good.

An Post.
Pay over fifty euros to send a time sensitive package in time for NYCC. It proceeds to spend the next few days in Castleblayney. Then, eventually to Portlaoise whereupon the next day it's being "sent to a sorting office in the United States".
It then proceeds to go to Heathrow, where it's been for the past few days.

Useless incompetent bastards.

And I fully expect them to try and claim VAT etc when it gets returned to sender.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 16, 2024, 06:48:35 PMWireless headphones are a cunt of a thing. Hate them.

Why so?

Quote from: Mower Liberation Front on October 18, 2024, 05:32:16 PMAn Post.
Pay over fifty euros to send a time sensitive package in time for NYCC. It proceeds to spend the next few days in Castleblayney. Then, eventually to Portlaoise whereupon the next day it's being "sent to a sorting office in the United States".
It then proceeds to go to Heathrow, where it's been for the past few days.

Useless incompetent bastards.

And I fully expect them to try and claim VAT etc when it gets returned to sender.

yep useless...

Quote from: Giggles on October 18, 2024, 05:43:56 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on October 16, 2024, 06:48:35 PMWireless headphones are a cunt of a thing. Hate them.

Why so?
Extra hassle for absolutely no benefit, as Ducky has shown. Been an in-ear convert since the 80's, not the generic shite you see come free with phones, but decent, well fitting in-ears which form to the ear canal and block out external noise so you can have the volume low and still hear clearly. I had to go to wireless a few years back and found a Sony model which connected the two earpieces with a wire, discreet size with decent battery life. Even so, they give no benefit to when I could just plug a wire in. They're discontinued now and the connected ones are definitely not in vogue. I dread the day they die. I do a fair bit of hill walking and I never want to find myself looking for one of the individual ones in a bog or a forest in the pissing rain. Over-ears are complete overkill and unsuited to being out and about in shit weather and they look spasticated too. I don't want to live a life where I am continually charging all kinds of different kit all the fucking time. Just give me a wire and one thing to charge and fuck the rest of it.

I was against wireless for ages because I didn't want the hassle of something else to charge, or the thoughts of them running out of batteries when I'm out and about.

Then the missus got me a pair of Sennheiser ones for Christmas last year and I don't know if I'd ever go back. Fit great, don't budge even if I'm out running, and they last for ages and give enough of a prompt when they're low to charge them up.