Quote from: Carnage on October 25, 2024, 05:14:18 PMPet peeve: the whole 420 thing. It's fucking 20/4, yanks.

This one gets me. Been living in Canada a decade now and I still can't get my head around the back to front dates. Partially from 30 years of doing it the other way while living at home, and partially because it just doesn't make logical sense. I still have to stop and think about it every time I write a date.

Still wasn't as dangerous as the transition time learning to drive on the other side of the road though. Multiple scary occasions of turning a corner into the oncoming traffic lane. Twice as scary if there was a median...

The driving on the other side of the road never bothered me, but a left hand drive car on Irish roads, that's a pain in hole.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on Today at 03:06:52 PMThe driving on the other side of the road never bothered me, but a left hand drive car on Irish roads, that's a pain in hole.

Never done that but I can imagine it'd feel like you're practically in the bushes on country roads!

I'll 50/50 a night out with Guinness Zero (if the pub does a good job with it), but have definitely given up on the whiskey at the end of the night as that's adding days on to The Fear.

Quote from: Caomhaoin on Today at 03:06:52 PMThe driving on the other side of the road never bothered me, but a left hand drive car on Irish roads, that's a pain in hole.

Thumbed a lift off a lad in a left hand drive one day and I was in constant terror of the traffic coming against it