Same, though I wear them 'til the death. I'd noticed that this pair was getting a bit threadbare around the bollock region and obviously forgot about it. The thing is I've lost a bit of weight and this is the only pair I have that fits, so I've been wearing them a lot more often. I've new ones ordered and should have them on Friday, but I'm glad it's happened in shorts weather as opposed to winter.

Happened to me with the only good pair of jeans I have, Hackett ones I got for Christmas. Easily and cheaply fixed in any sewing shop lads, as I found out. Doesn't look brilliant but sure who's seeing the bollock region of your flannels in fairness :)

Me aul suegra has done back up a few of them for me alright.

I think the only thing I get to replacing/repairing pronto is worn shoes.

Don't mind a bit of surprise ventilation in the auld jeans!

Keep them jeans with the holes in the crotch lads, with the way "fashion" is gone now its only a matter of time till they're selling new jeans with holes conveniently pre-cut in the crotchular region, like they do with the knees, and ye will be fashionable as fuck.

p.s.  If you are reading this and you have ever bought a pair of jeans with holes in them, you are a clown.

I always have shit clothes that I've had for years. I just don't really have any interest in that stuff unless I was putting on a suit or something. Otherwise, my jeans are all natural holes and held together with string and shit like that with the patterns faded off my t shirts and such like.

Ochoill should be able to confirm most of that except the part where I even cared about a suit or anything either, being the only lad on the board who has ever actually seen me.

Buying jeans with holes in em? Good lord you'd hardly make it through your first winter going on like that

He's not wrong lads I am fairly sure he was caught using an extension cord holding his jeans with no back axle in them up before.  Personally I have caught him using blue rope and an old tie.  He was like a rake for a while there too so he just looked like a lad strung together out of burlap and Chelsea jerseys

Have a cold/flu the last couple of days. Poor me etc. but it's a pain in the arse, was up all night coughing.

Quote from: Carnage on August 14, 2024, 11:43:18 PMHave a cold/flu the last couple of days. Poor me etc. but it's a pain in the arse, was up all night coughing.

It's the time of year that makes it shit.

Cold and miserable in the winter, it's dark before teatime? Sure, wrapped up in bed with a dose will probably happen at some point. But August? Fuck that noise.

Aye. Feel cold but as soon as you're under the covers the sweat's out through you.

I had a dose last week. Really sore throat and terrible sleep due to hot/cold flushes and general uncomfortableness, eating was a fucking chore. No coughing though.

Seems to be a 3 day jobby, take 2 panadol 4 times a day and ibuprofen 3 times a day in between, if you can. That should help soften the blow!

Yeah, I'm improving as it is (it started on Tuesday). Cough's not as bad but I'm still a bit chesty. The soreness/weakness is easing too. Have a lot of physical work to do, juet wondering whether to dive in and sweat it out or leave it for a day.

Ibuprofen is the business alright.

Did you do an aul test to check if it's you-know-what?

If it is that, I'd advise to rest it out rather than sweat it out.

I didn't. That was ny first thought but I said I'd give it a day or 2 to see how it played out. Feeling better as the day progresses so I'm sure it's not that particular lurgy.

I'd def recommend leaving the physical work off til you're better, you don't wanna get knocked back a step. Speaking from experience!