Quote from: Thorn on August 12, 2024, 10:53:55 PMI'm right in this gang with Ducky and The Wretch, I'm way past my 'ending up in random flats and houses after the pub' days but I do remember the seething hatred for cunts coming out with acoustic guitars and goin all Dylan on everyone's arses . Utter Drip music.

I'm not quite past the random gaffs but I still want to set fire to the party guitar players.

Unless someone asks them to do it and then it's fair game

...but if they ask them to do Wonderwall that's surely a lynching too?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on August 12, 2024, 11:10:19 PM...but if they ask them to do Wonderwall that's surely a lynching too?

Yes that is unforgivable

:abbath: Curse those Gallagher boys
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Sign me up, I can't stand the whiny bastard either. Whoever let him near a microphone should be eviscerated.

#5945 August 13, 2024, 01:28:53 AM Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 01:36:03 AM by Ducky
Quote from: Thorn on August 12, 2024, 11:20:36 PM:abbath: Curse those Gallagher boys

The Emperor x Oasis collaboration we never knew we wanted - Curse You All Madlads

There was a post on the old forum years ago, somebody asked who Paddy Casey was.

'He's the kind of lad who finds an acoustic guitar at a house party and ruins it for everyone'.

#5947 August 13, 2024, 08:19:26 AM Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 08:21:08 AM by ochoill
Quote from: astfgyl on August 12, 2024, 11:08:37 PM
Quote from: Thorn on August 12, 2024, 10:53:55 PMI'm right in this gang with Ducky and The Wretch, I'm way past my 'ending up in random flats and houses after the pub' days but I do remember the seething hatred for cunts coming out with acoustic guitars and goin all Dylan on everyone's arses . Utter Drip music.

I'm not quite past the random gaffs but I still want to set fire to the party guitar players.

Unless someone asks them to do it and then it's fair game

I dunno I often end up in a late gaff and we pass around electrics set up with distortion and effects to play riffs at each other.  And there's enough other instruments to join in.  One of the lads had YouTube drum tracks on one evening and we were all taking turns writing riffs lol it was right sport

Edit to add in I remember none of the riffs, it was purely a creative excercise while all of us were full of drink.  Which made it even more fun because it was effortless and temporary.

I've never experienced the "lad pulls out acoustic guitar and ruins the party" stereotype. Anytime I've seen somebody get the guitar out, it's been class craic.

But it's usually a 3-4am job, not early on when the party is in full flow.

Oasis are grand.

Olympians biting into medals, especially  runners up - wtf like?? Your expert teeth are going to determine that sure is Silver or Bronze??

Apparently gold medals are something like 94% silver as they'd otherwise cost a fortune, so they might have a point :laugh:

Quote from: Giggles on August 13, 2024, 08:50:31 AMI've never experienced the "lad pulls out acoustic guitar and ruins the party" stereotype. Anytime I've seen somebody get the guitar out, it's been class craic.

But it's usually a 3-4am job, not early on when the party is in full flow.

Oasis are grand.

You are blessed. I've seen it happen when the party is in full flow, and they'll crank out maudling shite like The Frames or Staind.

I don't mind Oasis either, the first two albums and the b-side collection have some memorable songs. Stuff like Don't Look Back in Anger and Wonderwall have been done to death by most people who pick up an acoustic.

#5952 August 13, 2024, 02:39:12 PM Last Edit: August 13, 2024, 02:53:47 PM by The Wretch
 :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Dylan is one of those sacred cow types too, which is even more annoying. "Bob Dylan is a genius, you need to listen to 'Blonde On Blonde', or this bootleg from 1975 to really get him" Fuck right off. 

There are a few Dylan wannabe types around here sadly. Awful fucking music, and they are absolute fucking bellends, especially to young musicians, and anyone who doesn't worship the whole cliched 60's thing as the be all, end all of music and pop culture.

Oasis are another shower of utterly mediocre cunts.

I remember years ago, my friends flatmate always had what we would refer to as "the posh wankers" visiting, who would break out the acoustic for shite like 'Birdhouse In Your Soul' or fucking R.E.M. Intolerable.

As The Wretch will attest, I'm not adverse to a bit of Oasis myself (I have my third copy of Definitely Maybe on pre-order) but if I never heard Wonderwall again I'd be a very happy camper.

The one time a late night party guitar was welcome was a night where a very drunk friend gave Wish You Were Here a go and was too hammered to remember the lyrics, we just threw puns at her for the rest of the night (Drink Floyd, Wish You Were Beer, Wine On You Crazy Diamond etc.). Good craic, but fuck off generally.

Peeve:
Just home now and noticed as I was taking off my jeans that I vould see through the crotch. Ripped or wore through, don't care which but I don't know how long I was walking around like that.

Last 10-15 years or so (who's counting at this stage!) I've noticed that the crotch of my jeans wears through fairly systematically, regardless of quality or brand. I'd understand better if I'd five o'clock stubble down there rasping away! But in any case it's only the jeans, not the boxers. So yeah, that's happened to me at least twice over that time too, to only notice a rip/hole at the end of the day  :-X